WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Thanks and really nice watch. I was considering a Prg270, a Prw3000 and also considering waitng for this 3500 but I eventually get a 270 as 3500 is too expensive to me. Though I am really happy with my 270 now but the rotatable bazel and 200m WR really had my eyes. Thanks for sharing. Nice watch! I would like to see it on your wrist.

BTW, How much did u get this?

· Registered
34 Posts
I think the Fenix is actually not comparable to a Protrek or a G. I considered Fenix a wrist device with full gear functions which include timing. A Protrek is a watch with certain features. It is a completely different segment. In terms of reliability, eveyone has his own definition. Functions can be a concern, accuracy can be a concern, toughness can also be a concern as well as battery. It simply depends on the concerns. Don't get me wrong. Fenix is definitely a great device for outdoor but it is just a lot more than a digital ABC watch which Protrek cannot fullfil. Protrek or G is just a watch with certain features in incredible toughness. You never need to worry about breaking it or you don't even need to think about the battery. They are both very good watches... just different.

· Registered
34 Posts
Re: New PRW-3500 -- some quick pics!!

Sorry for the late reply. Pesky things like sleep and work got in the way! :-d

Your question is something I wouldn't have even checked out on my own. But after doing so, I can confirm that the 3500 and 3000 use the SAME module, for these reasons:

1. w/both the 3000 and 3500, when the light is on, the compass bearing measurement stops! (go figure??)
  2. w/both of these watches, when the light is on you can scroll through the modes and the light will stay on. (for 3 seconds)
  3. the digits on the display are the same height.
  4. both have the 3414 module number.
I checked with my 270 which supposed to be the same as 3000 and 3500 with the atom missing.

If I light on the watch and start any sensor, the reading won't come out until the light goes off. If I turn on the light after any sensor, the light turns on and the screen stay on the sensor mode but the sensor stops. That means the reading just freezes for like 3 seconds when the light is on and then resumes when the light is off.

· Registered
34 Posts
Re: New PRW-3500 -- some quick pics!!

Hi guys,

I also think about getting the PRW 3500 in orange.
But now a heretical question:
Why shouldn't I wait and get the apple watch?
Doesn't it also have everything the Pro Tek has and the most important point a better usability and display where I don't have to press thousands of buttons and change thousands of modes?

Sorry to ask but what is your opinion on that?
I think the price will be the same.
I can't tell which one is better but IMO I can only say they are completely different things. I personally don't prefer an Apple watch or this kind of smart watches. Think about if you are hiking in the mountain for a week and you are going to sleep out there and pass through some streams and rocks. Do you really think an Apple watch will be capable? Not to mention the water resistance and toughness, IMO battery is the greatest issue of a smart watch. A smart watch will become a dumb watch when it runs out of battery.

I don't say Apple watch or smart watches are bad. They are really cool in fact but they are just different from the ABC watches that we are talking about. IMHO, If you want a watch which looks really cool to get some "wow" and have a lot of functions and access to your phone, you may get the Apple watch. But if you are looking for a watch with practical features and be able to survive in severe toughness, Apple watch is definitely not a great choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.