WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning,

I treated myself to a Christmas present as I've been a good boy this year. It turned up on Christmas Eve and was a little grubby and had a dead battery but I didn't have time to sort it out. It was an eBay purchase apparently the battery died 15 years ago and it was put in a drawer.

The family Christmas time has quietened down now so I've given it a bath and a new battery, quick reset and it's ready to live another day.

And with his bigger little brother.

It's a DW9000 with a 1627 module but I'm not sure about the rest, so if you know the rest of the numbers, it would be most appreciated. I think it's a 1997 vintage.

Thanks for looking and Happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

Anybody know what the model of this one is? I'm not 100% sure the strap is correct. I can't seem tofind any casio pics of it. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Tricky one this.

It is a G Lide DW-9000 but I am not sure I have seen that combination of bezel and strap before. Mystery to me.

Mitch

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
That one is the DW-9000S-7V which was a jelly white with gray/jelly white strap and grey jelly strap adapter. This model was released in 1997 and was one of the first in the G-Lide series. But yours appear to be a dye job with the intention of making it appear green. And the strap belongs to a different model (the original strap had a special but annoying double clasp and was mostly solid in color no transparent middle). Here is a picture from a catalogue:

Catalogue013.jpg

Your strap appear to be from the DW-003S-7V jelly white G-lide model (was only available in Europe). This strap was then also dyed.

That is my guess.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your guess sounds pretty good to me. Thanks for shedding some light on it. I see what you mean about the double clasp on the original, it looks an pita. Maybe the original thought the same.

This is the DW-003 g-lide strap.

On the watch

L

Can I redye it maybe more of a bottle green or a darker navy blue?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Morning,

I treated myself to a Christmas present as I've been a good boy this year. It turned up on Christmas Eve and was a little grubby and had a dead battery but I didn't have time to sort it out. It was an eBay purchase apparently the battery died 15 years ago and it was put in a drawer.

The family Christmas time has quietened down now so I've given it a bath and a new battery, quick reset and it's ready to live another day.

And with his bigger little brother.

It's a DW9000 with a 1627 module but I'm not sure about the rest, so if you know the rest of the numbers, it would be most appreciated. I think it's a 1997 vintage.

Thanks for looking and Happy new year!

Had this same exact model but I dyed mines black

·
Registered
581 Posts
The other consideration is that with time and the ravages of UV the jelly/clear looking bezels straps do change colour. I have experienced this phenomena with a pink Baby-G I bought my wife and my DW 9600.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts