WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my first purchase in a while, mostly from impulse, looks to be a Rolex not sure as to model or YOM but the price was right. So I'll have this one in a few weeks we'll see.
Gambling is risky but I feel good about this one, dial looks vintage, hands look right, case has not been messed with by over buffing it..belongs to a doctor.Private sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
It looks great - hope it turns out to be the real deal.:-!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UUggg! My guardian angel the purchasing agent asked to see the watch,the seller could not come up with the watch,seems not to be a doctor and had only posted picture of one...good thing I did not pay for it. The seller is in trouble for his dishonesty. I am not surprised, was too good of a deal...

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
There are so many dishonest people in the world. angry_32x32.png

Never mind - glad you didn't part with your money. happy_32x32.png

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
UUggg! My guardian angel the purchasing agent asked to see the watch,the seller could not come up with the watch,seems not to be a doctor and had only posted picture of one...good thing I did not pay for it. The seller is in trouble for his dishonesty. I am not surprised, was too good of a deal...
Wow, that was a close shave Fantasyvoyager.

It all hapeened at once in this short thread...

You got yourself a Rolex, I'm thinking 'nice one'. The congratulations
are starting to come in...then scam discovered and seller in trouble.

Real drama on a Saturday morning, a close shave and I'm pleased
you were'nt fleeced.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Good you discovered in time. There are a lot of questionable Rolex watches out there, I would say never buy one online unless you know the seller very well.
My very first vintage watch purchase was when I arrived here in Singapore 12 years ago, and at the time I did not know much about vintage watches. I bought this Rolex from one of the many stores here, fully knowing it had an aftermarket dial. At the time I thought that was OK. The rest of the watch is pure Rolex and it has been well used and through two (clean and oil) services by qualified watchmakers since. I would not have bought it today though as I prefer original watches. But what I would do, if I were to buy another older Rolex, I would seek out one of the reputable brick and mortar sellers so that I can see the watch properly before purchase. And there are plenty around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts