WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today Formex announced the release of the Essence 39mm. There was a lot to like about the original Essence. The interesting case design, unique case suspension system, patterned dial, 10mm thinness, etc. However, the 43mm case diameter and 49mm lug to lug was a bit big for those of us with smaller wrists, and the italicized and underlined Formex logo was divisive.

The 39mm version sports the brand's new logo, in a 39mm x 10mm x 45mm case, with 20mm lugs. Priced at $1,390 USD with bracelet, or $1,280 on leather.

I find myself very tempted, and am having a tough time deciding between the green, blue, and degrade dials.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Dudes at Formex...

A: I hear all the Rolex OPs are sold out....those Submariner Hulks are worth more than bar of gold...
B: Damn, Rolex really knows how to move stuff

A: YAH! why dont we make some watches in those colours and you know sell them
B: That's too obvious, we should at least try

A: Damn, yeah. We add some hex heads. I hear those ROs sell like cakes.
B: Now you are talking.

A: We also copy Omega AT lines, people are always looking for those Skyfall models. We keep date at 6, symmetry is hot!
B: You firing on all cylinders. Let's just f'in do it. You are gold.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I struggle with the value proposition. Heritage? Future classic? Aesthetics aren't really all that unique. I wouldn't pay that much. Hopefully they find a market because they are very nice.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dudes at Formex...

A: I hear all the Rolex OPs are sold out....those Submariner Hulks are worth more than bar of gold...
B: Damn, Rolex really knows how to move stuff

A: YAH! why dont we make some watches in those colours and you know sell them
B: That's too obvious, we should at least try

A: Damn, yeah. We add some hex heads. I hear those ROs sell like cakes.
B: Now you are talking.

A: We also copy Omega AT lines, people are always looking for those Skyfall models. We keep date at 6, symmetry is hot!
B: You firing on all cylinders. Let's just f'in do it. You are gold.

:rolleyes:
Lol. So I take it you aren't a fan?

"Those colours" = green? The Formex green appears brighter and non-sunburst, unlike the Hulk. Do you think every brand that makes a blue dial watch is copying PP due to the popularity of the blue dial Nautilus?

Also, when you say Omega AT lines, do you mean the lines on the dial or the lines of the case shape? I have an Omega AT. Beautiful watch but I think the Formex actually resembles more of a Seiko Shogun / Grand Seiko SBGX293 case shape with the angular design. If you mean the pattern on the dial, the Formex pattern looks more similar to the AP Royal Oak than the Omega AT.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That looks like a solid, on-trend value prop! Good looking. Would definetely get it on the bracelet. Does it have the same suspension mechanism as the big one?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Lol. So I take it you aren't a fan?

"Those colours" = green? The Formex green appears brighter and non-sunburst, unlike the Hulk. Do you think every brand that makes a blue dial watch is copying PP due to the popularity of the blue dial Nautilus?

Also, when you say Omega AT lines, do you mean the lines on the dial or the lines of the case shape? I have an Omega AT. Beautiful watch but I think the Formex actually resembles more of a Seiko Shogun / Grand Seiko SBGX293 case shape with the angular design. If you mean the pattern on the dial, the Formex pattern looks more similar to the AP Royal Oak than the Omega AT.

View attachment 15591045
It was more a tongue in cheek comment. I have a dry sense of humour and don't really know much about watches. When I looked at it, it seemed a hosh posh of famous watches hence the comment.

From a novice's point of view that's what it seemed like. Yes, I will pass.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
I really, really like it!
In fact I went back and for for awhile on the 43mm version of the degrade dial but eventually decided against solely because of the size. I'm thinking that the 39mm is going to be perfect!
I was going to drop on one of the new Seiko MM200 recasts but this is tempting me and in the same price range. The COSC is a compelling certification.
Whle for me it strikes similar chords as the AP RO, it does so in a more sophisticated, less techno-masculine way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today Formex announced the release of the Essence 39mm. There was a lot to like about the original Essence. The interesting case design, unique case suspension system, patterned dial, 10mm thinness, etc. However, the 43mm case diameter and 49mm lug to lug was a bit big for those of us with smaller wrists, and the italicized and underlined Formex logo was divisive.

The 39mm version sports the brand's new logo, in a 39mm x 10mm x 45mm case, with 20mm lugs. Priced at $1,390 USD with bracelet, or $1,280 on leather.

I find myself very tempted, and am having a tough time deciding between the green, blue, and degrade dials.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 15591001

View attachment 15591003
View attachment 15591103

View attachment 15591104
View attachment 15591004
Beautiful green dial .Ordered one 2 days ago on a bracelet and with black leather strap

1 - 20 of 338 Posts