WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

281 - 300 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Thank you. I was concerned, especially with the 45mm L2L but it worked out well.

I think that I could even wear the 43mm without any issues, likely because my wrist is freakishly flat. :)

I have a Ball Fireman at 43mm with similar L2L as the Formex 43 and that works fine too.

The 39mm looks perfect on your wrist.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Lol the size crusader is on patrol yet again. There is a 43mm version for larger wristed folk.
Lol, the dainty watch protector on patrol championing it's tiny watch threads. I mentioned the 43mm size. It's a wonderful watch when engineering and features are not compromised to put 10 pounds of ish in a 5 pound bag.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Lol, the dainty watch protector on patrol championing it's tiny watch threads. I mentioned the 43mm size. It's a wonderful watch when engineering and features are not compromised to put 10 pounds of ish in a 5 pound bag.
Lol yes you did. My reading comprehension isn’t at full speed until I have at least two cups of coffee. ‘Dainty watch protector’ has a nice ring to it. 😂

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Considering that the 2824/SW200 can fit in watches as small as 32mm (Tudor BB32), I'm going to guess that there was still plenty of space in the 39mm case for all that ish.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Exactly how have its engineering and features been compromised by making it 39mm?
Read the thread. Many people seem to be unhappy about changes that needed to be made to execute this watch in a smaller size.

Considering that the 2824/SW200 can fit in watches as small as 32mm (Tudor BB32), I'm going to guess that there was still plenty of space in the 39mm case for all that ish.
Apparently not.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Read the thread. Many people seem to be unhappy about changes that needed to be made to execute this watch in a smaller size.
I have read the thread and the only concern that some people have, is the size of the dial, which is perfectly legible in the metal. I think that's a far cry from saying it's 'engineering and features' have been compromised.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had mine a couple of days now and it really is stunning. Very impressive. Build quality is great.

My (blue) dial is also more conservative than the pictures make it appear, which I really like - makes it perfect for a daily wear piece.

The size is also perfect. I've got fairly big wrists so wouldn't have had a problem with the larger one, but smaller watches pretty much always look better to me. I know I'm in the minority getting the 39mm when I can wear the bigger one, but hey ho...

Also, as an aside - it's fair to give credit to Formex for the ordering experience too. It's about as luxury as you can get at this price, and without there being a face to face dealer experience. Two or three emails in the run-up to the watch being posted - at least one from the CEO. They say when they're actually assembling your watch. They also cover all the import charges so no taxes to pay. UPS shipping was extremely quick with a small delivery window. And a video sent the day before with some instructions on how to change the bracelet, use the extension etc to get you all excited on delivery day.

Little stuff, and tbh whilst I wasn't too bothered about this stuff as I've bought lots of watches in my time now - it was a nice experience and you can tell they're really making an effort.

PS: I too am unable to glean from the thread what corners they apparently cut with this model.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
They really are good looking watches, in both colors. Can't wait for the 2nd round of pre-orders.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Also, as an aside - it's fair to give credit to Formex for the ordering experience too. It's about as luxury as you can get at this price, and without there being a face to face dealer experience.
I second this. I've sent a fair few emails back and forth to Markus and Kristina at Formex and their replies have always been quick, knowledgeable and anything I've asked for, they've tried their best to accommodate me. An example of their attention to detail, was when I asked for my order of a blue dial to be swapped to the green dial. Markus replied back to me within the hour saying it wasn't a problem, that my requested serial number will still be ok and if I wanted to swap the blue strap I'd originally specified, to a different colour.

I've been impressed with the whole experience of buying from Formex and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another watch from them.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
I have read the thread and the only concern that some people have, is the size of the dial, which is perfectly legible in the metal. I think that's a far cry from saying it's 'engineering and features' have been compromised.

Yes, all I saw was one person who, based on photos, said they felt the proportions look a little "off". That's hardly a compromise of engineering and features.

281 - 300 of 338 Posts