WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Yep, that's the new pinstripe Airwolf, replaces the starburst face. I think they'll be available all over but I presume ADs will only backfill the new ones when the old ones are sold? It's much better isn't it? :-!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like I may have to go all the way to Japan to pick this one up. I wish Breitling would open a Flag ship shop here in the States!

·
Registered
761 Posts
They have them in North America already. Ive seen both a black and grey in Canadian AD's

edit: and it looks much better in pictures than it does in person. I did not like it at all when I saw them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't find any photos on line of this new design Airwolf, If anyone can, please post it. This newly designed Airwolf is an awesome improvement!

·
Registered
336 Posts
where in Canada did you see them?

Yeah, I'd like to know too.

FYI, I was at LaSwiss the other say and spotted the new SS Seawolf on leather. Has a white/silver dial, which I didn't like too much, but I'm sure it'll look better in black, and on bracelet. Looks lreminiscent of the Skyland with the stenciled hour markers.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,380 Posts
Yep, that's the new pinstripe Airwolf, replaces the starburst face. I think they'll be available all over but I presume ADs will only backfill the new ones when the old ones are sold? It's much better isn't it? :-!
Hi, Rik. A fair indication that the fora are indeed read by manufacturors I believe... :think: ;-) :)
Cheers, mate.
Ron

·
Registered
213 Posts
My bet is that 30-40 years from now, the "turbine face" Airwolfs will be the ones commanding serious collector prices.

It's always the models that were not popular, didn't sell well, and discontinued after a short production run that become the most sought after well after the fact.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The new "pinstripe" Airwolf has moved up a notch on the wish list, I wish they got rid of the truncated 6 also but its an improvement over "turbine face". I already have a B-1, so its not a great priority. Thanks for the heads-up on the Seawolf - if its going to be discontinued, I may have to snag one fast before its all gone.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I wish they got rid of the truncated 6 also but its an improvement over "turbine face".
a small improvement IMHO.

i find it odd that the airwolf has a blander overall appearance yet has an over-fussy dial. it just doesn't jell well. the truncated 6 looks quite ridiculous on such a high end time piece. they should either go back to the numerals on the B-1 or forget them altogether.

and i'm not too stuck on the pinstripe either. why pinstripe? at least the waves on a seamaster have an obvious association.

·
Registered
76 Posts
FYI

I called BUSA to see the cost to change to the pinstripe face and Christine told me the only face available is the sunburst dial. Either they have not gotten the new one yet or something changed under the skin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts