WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry it has taken a while to do this but I finally got a chance to sit down and take a few pics of the new ricebead bracelet. I have the version with the SUB 1200T endlinks but I don't have my DWL with me at the minute so I couldn't take any shots with it. However, I'm sure there are a number of people who would like to know if it will fit the older models. Well the answer is......yes, and no.

SUB300.jpg

This is a photo of the bracelet attached to a vintage SUB 300. Looks darn good if you ask me. However, the end links have too much space and when the watch is on the wrist there is a gap.

rbead7.jpg

The same holds for the 1st generation SUB 300T.

rbead6.jpg

Also with the SUB 300T the space on the end link shoulder is large.

rbead5.jpg

The 1200T endlinks could be used but it would mean putting something behind the little "arm" which seats against the case. I experimented with litle bits of a toothpick and it worked really well. Small dab of superglue and both the 300 and 300T were pretty much locked down solid. It actually wasn't that hard to remove the wood and superglue after the experiment. Obviously the best solution would be for Doxa to manufacture endlinks for the vintage models but I don't think that will happen. the other alternative is to use SUB 600T endlinks.

rbead3.jpg

The difference between the older "modern" ricebead bracelet and this new separate link one is startling. As can be seen, the beads are indeed all individual.

rbead4.jpg

and this allows the bracelet to move and flex differently. Also the fact that the beads are polished makes all the difference to me. There was something about the brushed older bracelet that just looked unfinished and coarse. I even went to the trouble of polishing nine on the 750T Pro.

rbead8.jpg

Also no matter how sharp the photo the older bracelet beads looked blurry!!! That's not the case with the new bracelet. It looks like the vintage, classic ricebead bracelet of old, but is far more substantial and robust.

rbead9.jpg

It just makes a Doxa SUB look like a Doxa SUB should look :)

rbead2.jpg

I didn't have the 750T version of the bracelet but not surprisingly the endpieces from the older bracelet fit the new bracelet. So I pulled off the bracelet from my 750T Sharkhunter and used those endpieces with the new bracelet. Oh yea.....

rbead10.jpg

I'll just leave this picture here. I think it says it all......... Well done Doxa, the ricebead bracelet has come home.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Completely agree with everything Doc has said. The new BOR bracelet makes my 1200T Pro just about perfect!
IMG_0619.jpg

Reactions: eddiea and MHe225

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thanks for the education Doc. Always insightful!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hi all. Where can you buy this bracelet? Is this made by Doxa? Can you buy it right from Doxa? If so, can someone provide a link, I can't seem to find it on their site.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Haven't been here in a loooong time!! always see something I want when I visit, so I have to force myself to stay away. I really would like to source the new BOR bracelet. My old 300T Professional doesn't get worn much as the bracelet has gotten so fragile. I think it would look great on this new bracelet. So is it available from Doxa? and maybe the price as well.
Thanks
Arthur

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks for the great presentation, Doc! It's good to see the return of the BOR bracelet. Comfort. Fit. And now, style!

Where's the order form?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
the ordering link is down in the march 17 thread "at Doxa we listen..."
David,
I found a link, but it doesn't,t have any ordering information. This was a pre-order link, I suppose it's "dead" now that the pre-order period and s over. Do you know where I can find a good link to order?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
David,
I found a link, but it doesn't,t have any ordering information. This was a pre-order link, I suppose it's "dead" now that the pre-order period and s over. Do you know where I can find a good link to order?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Arthur, glad to have you back! Is this the link you found?

https://doxasub.com/Order/order.aspx?ID=272

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

Thanks very much sir.
Glad to be back, although my watch interest hasn't waned, my buying has become somewhat less in the past few years as I am trying to conserve for retirement.
To answer your question, yes that is the link, although I was looking at it on my IPad, and only the top part was showing up. I sent and email to Doxa asking about the price, as I assume the pre-order price is no longer available.
Appreciate your kind help.
Arthur

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

Thanks very much sir.
Glad to be back, although my watch interest hasn't waned, my buying has become somewhat less in the past few years as I am trying to conserve for retirement.
To answer your question, yes that is the link, although I was looking at it on my IPad, and only the top part was showing up. I sent and email to Doxa asking about the price, as I assume the pre-order price is no longer available.
Appreciate your kind help.
Arthur

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Ordered one of these yesterday, easy and quick. They ship from Switzerland by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Mine is showing shipped, should be here tomorrow. I'm going to try to fit it on my old 300T. I have a question for the good Dr., could you possibly post a photo of where you placed the toothpick "shims" to keep the end links from flipping over? I'm not real clear about where they go.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts