Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither I'd rather spend the money on another watch

Votes: 9 9.6%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's a tough one and I'd like both but I think I'd have to go for the PAW1500 on a titanium bracelet.

Although the price is keeping me away!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I can't make my mind up between them, if the Riseman had a compass as well it would win hands down in my book. I guess I'll just have to buy both. More profits to Casio:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
153 Posts
Definitely the Riseman GW-9200. I don't like the look and design of the PAW1500. I got my PAW1300G 2 days ago, and I compared it with the PAW1300 before getting it. I realized it needs a big wrist, and I mean a BIG WRIST. The GW-9200 seems to be promising watch with a beautiful design, and the case looks like the Pathfinder, while its still a G-Shock model. So it has the feeling of having both, the G & Path... so its a G-Path.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Riseman.|>

·
Registered
471 Posts
i love riseman but the allocated fund for it keep dropping....

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well now you've got me thinking ...:think: and to be honest I'm not sure, I was thinking of definitely going for the Riseman but the Paw1500 is starting to look very attractive .... I'll have to sleep on it.:-s

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The Protrek has a compass, and thats the main thing between them for me. I've already got a compass on the PRG-40 so if I had to choose now, it'd be the Riseman. I'm also not sure I like the new Protrek better than some of the older ones.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I voted neither. I have the 1300T, and that is sufficient for now. The Riseman is just not grabbing my fancy.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
It's a tough one and I'd like both but I think I'd have to go for the PAW1500 on a titanium bracelet.

Although the price is keeping me away!
I agree. I actually prefer the 1500T's cleaner (no lines unlike the 1300), more centred display. The fact that it has compass, baro, 200m, tide and moon graph, which are all things I'd use, makes it the preferred choice for me.

Of course you forgot the third option...

...get both. :)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Wow...I actually had to post 'neither'. I just don't like the looks of either. I feel like flipping them both right now, and I don't own either...not a good way to start off ownership ;-).

·
Registered
471 Posts
I agree. I actually prefer the 1500T's cleaner (no lines unlike the 1300), more centred display. The fact that it has compass, baro, 200m, tide and moon graph, which are all things I'd use, makes it the preferred choice for me.
bluegum, may i know what line u referring to? :think:

those vertical line on LCD? if that's bothering u, i'm glad to inform u that it's barely visible on 1300;-)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had to say neither.

The Riseman just doesn't appeal to me. It looks a bit too 'designed' for me; if it looked a little more functional maybe I'd go for it.

I like the Protrek; apart from the bits at the bottom of the display (tide graph?) and the spot to the left of the day. Shame, as otherwise it's a nice watch. I just can't see past those two elements of the display.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I voted for the Riseman.
I have a PAG 80 and love it. But I find the Barometer gets more use than any of the other functions.

And the Riseman has that "G" look to it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts