WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 21 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big Rolex fan and while I have a SS Sub I also have a TT Sub. Just cannot get my mind around TT Explorer. A double-standard I am sure, but there it is.

·
Premium Member
7,408 Posts
How do you feel about last year's TT Sea-Dweller?

·
Premium Member
Rolex Datejust 36 126234
782 Posts
I'm a big Rolex fan and while I have a SS Sub I also have a TT Sub. Just cannot get my mind around TT Explorer. A double-standard I am sure, but there it is.
I think I agree with you. The TT kind of defeats the purpose of Rolex's pure tool watch, but I totally understand why Rolex is doing it. Someone is going to buy it.

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
Yeah, it’s pretty bad and was fairly shocked when I saw it this morning. Almost as surprising as the move to 36mm.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
we need to merge every single thread about the Two Toned ...why do they call it that instead of Steel & Gold (like Tudor) Explorer.

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I actually like it quite a lot tbh, although not as much as the steel. I'm a bit of an oddball though as I kind of like TT watches, and generally don't dislike any of the TT Rolex references.

·
Premium Member
28,662 Posts
Why? The two tone Explorer is created for those who love two tone sport watches but have wrists too small to wear the 43mm Sea Dweller.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
:sick: Do not like two tone Explorer. I think it would be quite interesting with the gold hands/indices only and maybe all gold, but I do not like the two tone Explorer. The Explorer is the very basic of the professional watches, and it seems weird to have it in gold. I get that the Sub and GMT and every other Rolex has gone two tone, but I wasn't a fan of those either. And I've never found a two tone bracelet better than the alternative all steel or all gold. It feels like someone couldn't afford to matte their entire car so they just did half.

A 36mm is nice though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It feels like someone couldn't afford to matte their entire car so they just did half.

A 36mm is nice though.

I thought it was pretty nice, but now i can't get this thought out. I just assumed it was a 'nice balance'.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I feel like a lot of men think the Two Tone Explorer is strange, but they may not have considered the ladies market.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I thought it was pretty nice, but now i can't get this thought out. I just assumed it was a 'nice balance'.
I'm glad to be of service. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: silverwind2712

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hadn't considered women for the TT Explorer. Maybe that's what they were thinking. Otherwise, it seems to conflict with the watch's legacy big time.

·
Registered
9,929 Posts
Hadn't considered women for the TT Explorer. Maybe that's what they were thinking. Otherwise, it seems to conflict with the watch's legacy big time.
Conflicts in a way that a two-tone (or solid gold) submariner doesn't?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll pass on that TT explorer, but where is the long awaited Milgauss update?!

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
I have small wrist so I don’t mind the new 36mm. Out of the Exp lineup I still love Ref.1016 the best hands down. Think from the bright side, if you already own a Exp39 then your watch just increased value due to consumer preference. Not a bad deal. It is a bad news for folks who was on the fence from buying to remorse over it.

Not a fan of TT on Exp36 too.

1 - 21 of 33 Posts