WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I dont see the big fuss.

We have gold Subs, gold Yachtmasters, etc. Why does a two-tone Explorer cross the Rubicon?

It doesn't replace an existing model - and is just a nod to the reality that thes are luxury watches, and the whole rugged/outdoorsy vibe is mainly aspirational.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,399 Posts

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I don't like the two-tone Explorer but then again I don't like two-tone watches in general.

It doesn't really matter that I don't like it, I'm sure many will. Rolex will sell a truckload of them and make even more money than they already do selling steel Explorers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
fully agree, who cares, some likes tea other prefers coffee other wants chocolate or beer :)
same with the TT

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I don’t like the TT explorer, not for any ideological reasons but because it’s strikingly ugly. When they showed the watch and I saw the gold bezel I wept a little for mankind. When will we learn to live at peace with nature?
After my quick cry I realized I need some fresh air to feel better so I put on my socks and crocs and when out into the sunshine and felt better.

Reactions: Cappyab

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's a ladies watch. But even then, it's ugly, it should be more elegant. Idk who's that for really.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Looks weird but I won't ever be buying an Explorer so my opinion is probably irrelevant!

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
I think TT looks okay but is a bit out of place on the explorer.

Monochrome has some live pics, my two thoughts: the guy’s wrist must be on the larger side because 36mm looks really small on him and I didn’t know Rolex started putting AR on their crystals last year.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Atrocious. TT is just not a good look on "sports" watches.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts