WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I received my S80 this morning and wanted to pass on a couple of cautionary observations.

First, and most imporatnly, I my watch, the internal bezel changes position at the drop of a hat. It moves very freely and there appears to be no way to lock the bezel in position as there is on other watchs having the internal bezel. This is dangerous if you actually intend to sue this watch as a dive watch.

Note to Carlos: Carlos, if I were you, in future editions, I would either remove the internal bezel altogether and call the watch a dress watch or, find some way to secure the bezel. As I said, I believe this watch would be a hazard to a diver.

Second, All the screws on the bracelet links on my watch were loose. I had to remove four links in sizing the bracelet and this is how I discovered the loose screws. Better tighten them up and maybe apply some loctite or nail polish to hold them in place.

On a positive note, the S80 is a good looking watch to wear for casual or dress.

·
Registered
729 Posts
according to Carlos the non locking bezel does not effect it'd water rating. Other watches like iwc do not lock either. I do agree it moves to easily thought.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they must be secured or much more difficult to turn. A heavier ratchet mechanism perhaps, or a lock down crown. Or even a smaller crown on the stem. The internal bezel on my Prometheus Ocean Diver is quite stiff and movement is unlikely.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Those are two different watches and we had a few Ocean Diver watches with broken bezel mechanisms due to a more stiff system. This is a two edged sword where it is impossible to please all or tick all marks specially at this price points.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I too received this watch yesterday, ok Carlos is very professional and so prompt, a very nice Gentleman. Now about the watch I really do like it there are a few issues that I can live with as Carlos has said that at this price point everyone cannot be pleased. The watch is very comfortable to wear and the thickness is fantastic.

I have to say though the screws on mine are coming loose which can be fixed by locklite. But I don't like the bracelet it doesn't do justice to the quality of the watch head itself. The bracelet is flimsy and I don't like the clasp at all, just too thin. I know we had a price point or rather Carlos had to work with, I rather would have paid extra to get a thicker one, also it starts off at 22mm and then tapers too much towards the clasp, its just not broad enough compared to the head. Enough complaints..... at this point I would like to get a rubber or leather strap.

Carlos does your company sell any one as I didn't see any on your website. I know I can get a strap from anywhere but I want a buckle which has the Prometheus logo. But I also would like the buckle to be 22mm and not taper down to 20mm. Also Carlos if any of the other regular bracelets are broader, thicker and heftier I can buy it from your company after your suggestion.

On the whole really like the watch.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Hi,

To all that followed the S80 project can atest project was to create an affordable yet reliable Swiss Made watch. At this price point best of watch is in case, movement, bezel system. The bracelet is exchanged by many that like to wear straps so not much invested in field.

We are talking of a watch that for many cost less than 500 USD. The Ocean Diver as an example had a similar price point but almost 4 years ago. Add up inflation, risen costs and do the math.

Actually at pre-order price we ended up loosing money due to increased prices of ETA movements though this is not an excuse as no customer is responsible for that and the ultimate one is me that trusted ETA. We had a confirmed delivery of 500 movements for the year that evaporated back in April without further info from them.

We will launch soon a quality rubber strap with a titanium buckle custom engraved. Will be 22mm non tampered. Details to be divulged soon.

In the meantime some photos of strap used in the Manta Ray Blue.

470392_10150863369398483_3616044_o.jpg
412629_10150863373418483_1845799148_o.jpg

463330_10150863377328483_1731879895_o.jpg 412143_10150863377688483_1836947988_o.jpg 477735_10150863375158483_1398993464_o.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Carlos I totally understand where you are coming from and if you were losing money due to the ETA, I would have paid extra if you had asked as I believe your business model is based on honesty and really appreciated. So I shall wait for the new strap and I like the above one too. I would prefer a SS buckle to keep in line with the S80 SS watch. Ok I will wait for the new one and then PM you.

Cheers and thank you again for the S80.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts