WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the black samurai. I thought it was going to be a little "dressy" but I actually like it on this Bonetto Cinturini (JSAR) strap. The fat spring bars were a little tight but they made it in there. I'm really happy with the looks of it and will probably wear it on the boat for the rest of the Summer.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Looks very sharp on that strap! Great choice! b-)

Congrats!

- Hiro

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I actually ordered some JSAR 22mm spring bars. They extend a lot further through the lugs and fit the strap better. When your fishing in 200' of water the last thing you want to see is your watch heading towards the bottom of the ocean. LOL.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Very sharp looking. I'll be interested to see some "after" pictures at the end of the summer to see how it holds up under real world conditions.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Very nice looking timepiece - enjoy it!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's either the Samurai or the Orange Knight and I'm way too fond of the Knight to beat it up offshore fishing. It's Sammy is going out crab fishing this Friday which means it will be dunked in saltwater about 1000 times while I pull traps. Lets hope for the best with this thing.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It's either the Samurai or the Orange Knight and I'm way too fond of the Knight to beat it up offshore fishing. It's Sammy is going out crab fishing this Friday which means it will be dunked in saltwater about 1000 times while I pull traps. Lets hope for the best with this thing.
If I may, I'd consider the Knight more capable of withstanding that sort of activity than the Sammie because of its tooled SS bezel. The Samurai's bezel is more prone to scratches and chips since it's a ceramic insert. A strong bang against a crab trap could result in irreparable bezel damage. With the Knight, a good buffing will probably take care of any scratches. Also, with its smaller size and lower profile, a Knight will probably get in harm's way less easily.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Very nice Dave! I'm glad you went for it...I was wondering what you were going to get!:-!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
If I may, I'd consider the Knight more capable of withstanding that sort of activity than the Sammie because of its tooled SS bezel. The Samurai's bezel is more prone to scratches and chips since it's a ceramic insert. A strong bang against a crab trap could result in irreparable bezel damage. With the Knight, a good buffing will probably take care of any scratches. Also, with its smaller size and lower profile, a Knight will probably get in harm's way less easily.
So true...and very well said.;-)

·
Registered
827 Posts
So true...and very well said.;-)
You are as kind as ever Angelis. And at the risk of going OffT, the only one of my watches I'd take crabbing would be my rough-and-tumble G-shock, or possibly my Monster. Both the Sammie and Knight are too "pretty" to risk.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After two days of wrist time I'm going to put the Samurai in the dress diver category for me. I put it back on the bracelet and it's a perfect work watch. I don't think it's toolish enough to use on the boat, it's just too nice. I put the Knight in the box and put it in the top of my closet for later use. So, for the fishing/crabbing watch, it's the orange sawtooth. I think a quartz watch will suit my needs a little better since it's more of a weekend thing and I won't have to reset the time all the time. We shall see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts