WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased it from the Seiko boutique in Hong Kong yesterday and it was only when I arrived home (to my country) that I realized there were some very light and fine scratches on the Hardlex crystal. It's visible only in the strongest light and in the right angles. Otherwise, the rest of the watch is perfectly scratch free.

All the protective plastic was intact at the time of purchase, although the one I got was the display unit (they only had that one left).

I just want to check with other JDM watch owners if this is normal.:-s It is after all, only Hardlex.

It kinda bothers me that the watch was less than perfect when I bought it new. :-( But otherwise I am loving the watch and would hopefully post a review here soon!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right, Torrid. A quick check from Seiya's website confirms the SARB021 has a sapphire crystal with a Hardlex case back. Which even makes the scratches even more mysterious.

The scratches are invisible indoors, and you can only see it under a strong direct light source and in certain angles; I would really have to hunt for them to see them. But they're definitely there and I am not just seeing things.

Is it due to display case abuse or production flaw? I'm inclined to believe the latter. I don't know... maybe I am just nitpicking. Like they say, don't sweat the small stuff. For now, I'm truly enjoying the watch. It's just awesome!

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Just purchased it from the Seiko boutique in Hong Kong yesterday and it was only when I arrived home (to my country) that I realized there were some very light and fine scratches on the Hardlex crystal. It's visible only in the strongest light and in the right angles. Otherwise, the rest of the watch is perfectly scratch free.

All the protective plastic was intact at the time of purchase, although the one I got was the display unit (they only had that one left).

I just want to check with other JDM watch owners if this is normal.:-s It is after all, only Hardlex.

It kinda bothers me that the watch was less than perfect when I bought it new. :-( But otherwise I am loving the watch and would hopefully post a review here soon!
There is simply no such thing as a perfect watch. Even if it was not a display unit; every watch will have micro-defects if looked for hard enough.
As for the display unit; you wouldn't believe some of what happens to those pieces :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts