WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received my new Model 219-326 from SG USA. Very nice watch - I have a picture on my wrist, but I can't figure our how to get it from iPhoto to here! Interesting case: stainless steel with the middle section coated black. Rather good looking. On my small wrist this is a big watch [42 mm]. Anyone else have one? Any comments? Martin::-!

· Registered
438 Posts
I've been waiting to see what this watch looked like since US Seagull discontinued the previous models of this movement. I was afraid the increase in size would be too large for a 6.5" wrist. 40mm seems to be my max. Not sure that I even like the style on the new one yet. Website pics don't always do a watch justice. The hand and numbers look like a charcoal grey. Are they? If they were black like the PVD I might give it a bit more nod. Also not sure why they printed the five minute numbers upside down between 20 and 40. Most watches usually turn those numbers upright. Maybe it's a slant toward style but too many of the considerably cheaper Chinese watches take that route and don't bother to switch the direction of the numerals.

Try this for posting a pic. "Go advanced" find the icon for link for "insert image". Two tab options come up. "from computer" or "from URL". From your computer "browse" for the image and choose it. Then upload the pic file.

Statue Fun Costume Cosplay Fictional character

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New SeaGull Trying to post pic

:-s

I am trying your suggestion, but I don't think it is working.
You and I may have similar nwrist sizes - that's why6 I wish you could see what it looks like on me. The hands are indeed charcol gray - they look black to me! The "upside-down" numerals looked logical to me so I don't mind them. I am curious that looking at the balance mechanism I cannot spot the rate correction adjustor. Martin

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

:)Ok - the preview worked. So here it is. My wrist is about 6 1/2". The watch comes with a full deployant buckle/strap. I would prefer a standard single tang buckle but Kevin says he does not have a 22mm strab right now. Even so, wearing is fairly comfortable. What do you think!|>
Martin

Attachments

· Moderator: F72 and F71
8,499 Posts
Re: Further Report - Time

That's a nice one. Cool textured dial :-!

· Registered
438 Posts

Thanks for the wrist pic. Nice, clean looking watch even with the extras. I am continuously concerned about watches >40mm for my small wrists. Even though 42mm is just 2mm over my largest watch it seems to be pushing the edge for me. But, as people say here, you don't know until you try it on. Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury when we purchase over the internet.

As for the pattern on the face, it looks to be different from the waffle pattern on the previous model. This one looks like it has an elongated diamond pattern?

· Registered
438 Posts

:-s

I am curious that looking at the balance mechanism I cannot spot the rate correction adjustor. Martin
Did you eventually find regulator adjustment? My guess is it is just above the balance wheel on the back of the watch. At least I hope the designed it this way. I see many inexpensive Chinese open heart models that have the regulator adjustment in the front of the watch. Thats seems a terrible place to put it if you have to pop out the entire movement from the case to adjust the regulator.

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is the regulator

Prompted by your question I have looked more carefully with an 8x magnifier. From the front I can see where the hairspring is anchored and what appears to be a set screw. But I do not see the kind of lever, with + and - markings, I am accustomed to seeing on my other (Swiss) watches. Looking from the back I see even less (!) that looks like an adjustment mechanism. :-s
Martin

· Registered
438 Posts
Re: Where is the regulator

Do you see little nubs over the balance wheel from the back of the watch like this in this picture? That's the regulator. It is typical of most modern Chinese watches that I have seen.

Maybe you are looking for something more like in the bottom right picture below?

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.