WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't like it at all, looks like a watch from 2001 not 2021. Not sleek or modern at all. I get a lot of people into Omega are older and like the vintage look, but this watch just looks like it should cost $500 to me. Current model for me.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Oh imagine. A fully modernized but faithful Seamaster 300. 42mm like the original, 12-13mm thick. Ceramic dial with the big triangle. No faux patina lume, but the bright C3 glow of the old 2254. Sword hands. Liquidmetal bezel. No date, a master chronometer version of the 8400 movement.

Ah, but I can dream.
Bought! :cool:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Don't like it at all, looks like a watch from 2001 not 2021. Not sleek or modern at all. I get a lot of people into Omega are older and like the vintage look, but this watch just looks like it should cost $500 to me. Current model for me.
using your argument "not modern" Rolex might find themselves in a bit of trouble

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Suitable for 'divers' with domed crystals, sapphire crystals and no crown guard.
Why don't you go back to your faux gold NIXON diver and your grillz and leave the real watches to the more mature crowd.😬

Apologies, folks. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.

René

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks great but I guess I'm just getting tired of Fauxtina. There's nothing wrong with designing new watches with vintage case dimensions but that seems lost on the watch industry.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I’ve inquired at a large Omega AD, and I’m told (not surprisingly) they haven’t heard anything regarding the official specs on this yet. If the proportions are right, this will be a 2021 purchase for me!

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great design and love the retro inspired look.

I agree with those who are concerned about the thickness. When recently searching for my first Omega diver I found that all the newer sat to lumpy for my taste. Ended up buying a preowned primarily for that reason.

So yes, thinner would be something I would be looking for.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
What's the lug to lug on this? If it is under 50mm I might be interested.
The case size is 41mm like the previous version which had a lug to lug length of 48mm but the old end links that protruded even further making it around 53mm. The newer version will wear much truer to the lug to lug length with its newer end links that fall flat from the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
The case size is 41mm like the previous version which had a lug to lug length of 48mm but the old end links that protruded even further making it around 53mm. The newer version will wear much truer to the lug to lug length with its newer end links that fall flat from the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is progress!

Now we await the other crucial measurement: the case thickness...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Keeping an eye on this space. I’m really liking what I see and look forward to official announcements from Omega.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Now we await the other crucial measurement: the case thickness...
It will still be a chonker, but I think this one will be less severe in terms of thickness because of the domed crystal. Sort of like the hesalite Speedy.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
It will still be a chonker, but I think this one will be less severe in terms of thickness because of the domed crystal. Sort of like the hesalite Speedy.
You are probably right but I can still dream, right. Holding out a glimmer of hope that Omega doesn’t fuss that one up

101 - 120 of 157 Posts