WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I tend to like the current 300 MC better. This new version might feature some minor improvements though - but let’s see the full feature list first (especially related to thickness).

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
An Omega AD that I trust told me that the document depicted in the original post is real, although it may not reflect the final specs for the next generation SM300.

Not clear if Omega will continue to offer a titanium version of the SM300, the document certainly seems to suggest it might not be offered in the next generation model. The new stainless steel model will now apparently offer a blue bezel/dial combination, which currently only comes on the titanium version.

I used to own the stainless steel SM300 but sold it for the titanium (pictured below), which I personally find more wearable given its considerably lower weight. (And unlike Tudor, Omega knows how to make titanium that looks like steel and avoids that "washed out" look.) I hope the next iteration of the SM300 continues to retain a titanium offering.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
What in gods name is wrong with Omega going backwards to anodized aluminum bezels instead of ceramic on this and the recently released bond seamaster?! They claim it's to help patina... to me it's utterly ridiculous.

Not sure how sensitive this info is, but I thought I’d share some posts of the new seamaster:

View attachment 15618532 View attachment 15618533 View attachment 15618534

sandwich dial, thinner profile, and lollipop seconds hand.
What do y’all think?

Reactions: omeglycine

·
Registered
624 Posts
What in gods name is wrong with Omega going backwards to anodized aluminum bezels instead of ceramic on this and the recently released bond seamaster?! They claim it's to help patina... to me it's utterly ridiculous.
Because there are some of us out here who prefer the aluminum bezel insert. If Omega made standard version of the Bond Seamaster in steel with white lume and no Bond markings on it I would be all over it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why don't you go back to your faux gold NIXON diver and your grillz and leave the real watches to the more mature crowd.😬

Apologies, folks. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.

René
Hilarity. I wear a Citizen NY 0040. A real ISO diver with a stainless back, crown guards to protect the crown and a flat mineral glass crystal that may scratch easier but is less likely to shatter. But of course those aren't considerations around the water cooler.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Display back for another possible weak point, more breakable sapphire crystal, more vulnerable domed crystal, no crown guard. Certainly not made to be a highly survivable tool with its built in weaknesses, rather a faux tool as jewellery.
IDK about that. I've dived a fair bit with mine, along with a ProMaster, a Doxa and the Pelagos. Admittedly, I'm not doing any saturation dives, and I'm using the watch as a DC backup for most of them outside of a few frees, but I wouldn't call the SMP a "faux tool." It was designed as a diver, tested as one, and can be used as such. And is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If it really is thinner I will be all over it. I sold my Seamster 300 because it was just too damn thick and I always was fiddling with it trying to get it to sit right on my wrist. I can't wait to see this one. And the lollipop seconds is awesome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
IDK about that. I've dived a fair bit with mine, along with a ProMaster, a Doxa and the Pelagos. Admittedly, I'm not doing any saturation dives, and I'm using the watch as a DC backup for most of them outside of a few frees, but I wouldn't call the SMP a "faux tool." It was designed as a diver, tested as one, and can be used as such. And is.
Do you agree the points I've made illuminate weaknesses/vulnerabilities for which there are known solutions?

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Display back for another possible weak point, more breakable sapphire crystal, more vulnerable domed crystal, no crown guard. Certainly not made to be a highly survivable tool with its built in weaknesses, rather a faux tool as jewellery.
If you do damage to the crown area then you’ve most likely lost your hand in that accident. Also to shatter the display back you’ve probably crushed your hand under something so another mute point. Dive watches nowadays are seldom used for purpose, but people buy them to wear as an accessory and to fit into an active lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you do damage to the crown area then you’ve most likely lost your hand in that accident. Also to shatter the display back you’ve probably crushed your hand under something so another mute point. Dive watches nowadays are seldom used for purpose, but people buy them to wear as an accessory and to fit into an active lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that.

A display back must add a possible weak point.
Scrabbling in rock crevices can damage crowns and crystals without mutilating limbs. None of which matters around the water cooler.

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
So you have the Spectre the 300mc and now this?
Three variants of the same watch? I'm confused 😆.
At first I thought this was an old thread for the 300mc as at a glance it looked the same. Had to go fetch my MC to spot the differences.
The Spectre was a limited edition and the original 300mc will be retired.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
A display back must add a possible weak point.
Scrabbling in rock crevices can damage crowns and crystals without mutilating limbs. None of which matters around the water cooler.
Yes it’s a possible weak point. No watch is impervious to damage anyhow. Who cares where someone does or doesn’t wear their watch? Doesn’t make it any more or less of a watch.

121 - 140 of 167 Posts