WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Fair enough. That's why I'm posting - genuinely interested in feedback. I agree that my warranty doesn't entitle me to a new watch, but I'm also a fairly good customer of this AD (bought two Omegas in Feb alone) so think about this more in terms of customer experience than a strictly legal/warranty issue. I'm mostly curious if anyone else has had an AD provide a replacement watch under similar circumstances as an act of goodwill or to keep the business going forward. Maybe the answer is just "no" - this sort of thing isn't done.
The international warranty does entitle you to a replacement watch if they can't repair the defect. I'd say you're there...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just received a Seamaster professional 300m (chrome dial, 2018 version with the 8800 caliber movement). Luckily I caught it early, but mine has the same exact issue. For mine, the dates affected are 1-8. I can cycle through the date with no issue when the crown is in the first (date change) position. However, if I try to advance the date with the crown in the second (fully out) position by cycling through 12am, the date does not change. It just flinches and stays at the prior date. Pretty disappointed to see this kind of mechanical failure on a new Omega. Will be returning to Jomashop and might try my luck on another one.

Honestly though, "try my luck with another one" should be a phrase only applied to Seiko 7S26 movements, not Omega 8800 movements. smh.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts