WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Where can I sign up for the Swiss military?
Best military job in the world. You get a free gun and never have to go to war!

The deal just got sweeter!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Apparently for the Swiss army only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not many "Like"s for this post, Dan.

I'm shattered!! This is exactly what I've been hoping, wishing, and asking for for the last couple of years. Since the new Seamaster Diver 300M was first release in 2018 actually.

I don't even know how to react to this news. Again...shattered!

René

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

I'm shattered!! This is exactly what I've been hoping, wishing, and asking for for the last couple of years. Since the new Seamaster Diver 300M was first release in 2018 actually.

René
Hey I feel for you.

I have noted before, Omega are becoming more difficult. Why not release it to the public?

Swiss Army: Hey can you make a watch only for us and not sell it?
Omega: If it brings us more press, much obliged.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Best military job in the world. You get a free gun and never have to go to war!

The deal just got sweeter!
They also guard the Pope and the Vatican Library. I do want access to those archives. ;)

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Sorry René. Part of the reason I got this followed up officially was because I know you fancied this one a lot. I was expecting good news too.

René

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sorry René. Part of the reason I got this followed up officially was because I know you fancied this one a lot. I was expecting good news too.
We’re all going to have to seduce and betray a suite of young Swiss army officers.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I appreciate you looking into this, Dan. Please keep us all posted if you hear anything else relating to this model.

Looking forward to your next production.

René

Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Not me. I shall never give up on the dream.

** CUE MONTAGE OF SWISS ARMY ENLISTMENT, GRADUATION, AND OMEGA SEAMASTER PRESENTATION **
I guess if we wait long enough, they'll eventually show up on some auction site like the SAS Seamasters have...I'm not willing to wait, or pay the premium.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I really think it's a no brainer for OMEGA to release a no-date Seamaster Diver 300M. Not only to compliment the Diver 300M line, but also to fill the gap left by the short supply of ROLEX Submariners.

I wonder if this might be their way of testing the waters to see what kind of reception a no date variant would get. They create a unique Diver 300M no-date model with a view to only releasing it to the Swiss military. They leak the picture on their website and sit back to see what kind of response it gets from the community. If the demand is great enough, then they release a no-date variant of the 210.30.42.20.01.001, with polished ceramic dial, white lumed indices, and the usual, white, unlumed, enamel filled, polished, ceramic bezel.

I just think they'd be missing a HUGE opportunity to provide an option to all those folks hoping for a Submariner, but not knowing if they'll ever be worthy enough to receive "the call". They can't be oblivious to the fact that the market is primed for a watch like this.

Rene

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I saw the NTTD, I felt there was so much going right there that certain elements could “trickle down” and show up on other new models.

It would not surprise me if this (or something close) was eventually released to the public. It’s a tempting take on the SMP for sure.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I agree with the above opinions. Clearly Omega has done enough research on this. Their new watches clearly indicate a response to their fanbase.

I'd be very surprised if this doesn't eventually come to the masses. The million $ question is when will it happen?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I emailed Omega about this model, not really expecting a reply...

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I emailed Omega about this model, not really expecting a reply...
May I ask why you're not expecting a reply from OMEGA? Is it because you think they've been on WUS and saw your screen name?

René

81 - 100 of 128 Posts