WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
That chance encounter would end in violence and bloodshed.

René

·
Registered
10 Posts
As for having an emblem on the dial or caseback identifying it as belonging to Swiss military, I think that would go against common sense. If, for instance, the watches were commissioned by special forces and a soldier was captured in "enemy territory", or in a country they have no business operating in, the last thing they'd want is for the markings on their watch to tie them to their country of origin.
Yeah, the swiss army operating in enemy territory.
In my experience, Suuntos and G-Shocks are the go-to deployment watches.
These are probably more commemorative watches, and I think it's highly likely that there is an emblem on the caseback.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
These are probably more commemorative watches, and I think it's highly likely that there is an emblem on the caseback.
You may very well be correct.

As for the Swiss army operating in enemy territory...no one can predict the future, my friend. That's why countries have armed forces.

René

Reactions: twowatchcollector

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes a special model for some secret military branch seems unlikely just for the reason that it can be recognized. And to me a commemorative piece would more likely be a standard model but perhaps with an emblem or different case back. I’m still hoping it will be released...! :D

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Yes a special model for some secret military branch seems unlikely just for the reason that it can be recognized. And to me a commemorative piece would more likely be a standard model but perhaps with an emblem or different case back. I’m still hoping it will be released...! :D
In my opinion, they'd be idiots to not release a no date iteration...especially with the very limited availability of the Submariner.

René

Reactions: twowatchcollector

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my opinion, they'd be idiots to not release a no date iteration...especially with the very limited availability of the Submariner.
I also think that this watch might be a lot thinner.
Aluminium insert, no date, closed caseback, below 13mm would be really great.

I really hoppe for thinner Omegas and Aqua Terras with micro adjustment.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Ugh... Not available to the masses... Finally a no date Seamaster with a slimmer profile, but alas, we can’t get it... Epic fail...

121 - 128 of 128 Posts