WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Return it if you are unhappy. I doubt the next one will be any different, but you should be happy with your purchase.

Remember though, Mazda is not Rolls Royce. You bought a decent watch, but perfection is not why it is purchased. Still return it though, Omega is not the brand for a difficult buyer
Oh come on, if Omega charging 5k for a watch is comparable to Mazda then I don't want to know what lesser brands like Oris would be compared to. Similar to Tesla owners receiving new cars with body panel gaps and paint issues but if you posted it on a Tesla forum you would hear a bunch of "Can't expect perfection" lines. Fans of a certain brand tend to be more head in the sand about issues (not talking about you)

·
Registered
125 Posts
If I paid full price, I would not be happy, but if I got a pretty serious discount, I would be able to live with it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
If I paid full price, I would not be happy, but if I got a pretty serious discount, I would be able to live with it.
true to some extent. A business is a business & they never lose money or else they’d be out of business! So, even if the OP got a heavy discount, the AD is making money off him. So, no need to live with this shoddy quality. Get the watch exchanged or simply return it.
and, I agree if the dust speck formerly at 48/49 has moved, it could crash the movement. So, time to escalate the issue to the AD....

·
Registered
125 Posts
true to some extent. A business is a business & they never lose money or else they’d be out of business! So, even if the OP got a heavy discount, the AD is making money off him. So, no need to live with this shoddy quality. Get the watch exchanged or simply return it.
and, I agree if the dust speck formerly at 48/49 has moved, it could crash the movement. So, time to escalate the issue to the AD....
If the watch was purchased through an AD, then these are under warranty, so there shouldn't be any issue at all as Omega can fix these at any point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I looked closely at the photos again. This person would be laughed out of the AD if he brought these "complaints" to them. Have you looked at the complaints? My guess is this is OP's first major watch purchase.

Well, the dust is a legitimate complaint.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I don’t see anything wrong with the markers. You’ll end up picking up several flaws on any timepiece if seen through a loupe.

·
Registered
987 Posts
It wouldn't bother me but I'm not you. You can always (sooner the better) take it back and complain to your AD. If its out of factory spec or a factory flaw you should have no problem with it being replaced.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Misalignments, even minor ones, bother me a lot. Rotating bezels are My biggest pet peeve, followed by chapter rings. I don’t consider dust under the crystal a pet peeve - it’s more than that. Any of these issues would make me return it. If the 12 and 6 are off, is it possible it’s the chapter ring? How are the other hour markers?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I looked closely at the photos again. This person would be laughed out of the AD if he brought these "complaints" to them. Have you looked at the complaints? My guess is this is OP's first major watch purchase.

You sure pivoted on that one at the end 😄

·
Registered
291 Posts

If OP was laughed out of the AD or if Omega refused to address his concerns then that would probably be the last time he ever does business with that AD or even Omega. A huge chunk of the luxury game is the experience and how they make you feel. If they make a customer feel like an idiot or treat them poorly then they’ve lost them.
Not that all ADs care...

·
Registered
12,995 Posts
Removing the spec of whatever is a 5 min deal take it to the boutique they can easily open , remove stem ,clean dial w rodico and put back together . A monkey could do this

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
For the dust on the dial at around the 6 marker, that can be removed free of charge as I would assume the watch is still under warranty. Take it to an Omega service centre and they'll handle it. Don't forget to bring the warranty card with you.

Came across some specs of dust on the dial of my 3 years old Aqua Terra recently. Not sure how that happened, still a mystery to me how dust entered. Some say it's probably bits of lume. So I brought it to the service centre, they held the watch for a few days and they removed the dust. Apparently they said it wasn't something that could be done on the spot. So they had to take the watch in for a few days. Got it back looking all clean!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
A quick update Guys.

I'm sending the watch back, they offered to exchange with no problems. They'll check a new piece before sending to me as got recently two new ones, so hopefully there will be one with no problems. I've also asked them to check a few more things based on your examples. Thanks again for your input, I'll update you once everything is sorted.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Those things don't bother me at all. I mean, unless it's a gross open and obvious flaw and hinders the functionality, I could care less. I mean, I go to car meets and see super cars (Porsche, Ferrari, Lambos, etc etc) all have super minor flaws like minor uneven gaps, exhaust systems that are not perfectly centered, windshield wipers that are not flushed against window, etc., and it still a badass car to me. I'd just enjoy what the way looks like, its heritage, its ability to do what it was designed to do, etc. That Seamaster looks sweet! I wish Omega made one without a date for me.

Louis

·
Registered
409 Posts
Return your watch to your AD for an exchange. At this watch price it s not acceptable :-(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Those things don't bother me at all. I mean, unless it's a gross open and obvious flaw and hinders the functionality, I could care less. I mean, I go to car meets and see super cars (Porsche, Ferrari, Lambos, etc etc) all have super minor flaws like minor uneven gaps, exhaust systems that are not perfectly centered, windshield wipers that are not flushed against window, etc., and it still a badass car to me. I'd just enjoy what the way looks like, its heritage, its ability to do what it was designed to do, etc. That Seamaster looks sweet! I wish Omega made one without a date for me.

Louis

No date :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

Louis
I've seen McLaren for sale at their dealership and noticed that the part of the wing was coming off slightly as it was glued. Couldn't believe this at this price point and wouldn't accept either so I suppose we're all different with levels of quality we accept in daily live 😀

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
A quick update Guys.

I'm sending the watch back, they offered to exchange with no problems. They'll check a new piece before sending to me as got recently two new ones, so hopefully there will be one with no problems. I've also asked them to check a few more things based on your examples. Thanks again for your input, I'll update you once everything is sorted.
Great to hear the AD is being helpful with this one. I think the marker misalignment may just be an optical illusion from the curvature of the crystal, but a roving dust speck on the dial would definitely bother me and presents a potential technical fault with the watch. Let us know how the replacement looks when you receive it :)

Reactions: BufordTJustice
41 - 60 of 67 Posts