WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

· Registered
7,498 Posts
I really like these.

I would like these even better if they were actual ISO rated 200m divers with a screw down crown and also offer an orange dial. I'm kinda bummed they aren't. Dam Seiko can be a tease sometimes.

· Registered
7,498 Posts
I think these look better than any previous Monster/Mini Monster! However, the size is a bit "daunting" for someone with not so massive wrists... I'll have to let it slide. But blimey, do these look great or what?!

Randy
Only if they are smaller :( the blue one, droool.
I think these will fit a good range of wrist sizes. I wouldn't write it off so quickly, especially if you like it. That 49.5 L2L is a pretty short measurement compared to other similarly sized 44mm case divers with 52mm+ L2Ls.

· Registered
10,940 Posts
Still no point of reference to the individual's wrist size and close-up wrist shots tend to exaggerate the size of the watch...

If it's 43-44mm that's basically as perfect as it can get. I'm wearing a 43.5mm Seiko 5 today...

(I get the preference for 200m rating and screw down crowns but for now the solid back/200m rating/screw-down crown are the differentiators between the "Serious" divers and the "Seiko 5 Divers." I'm OK with that since you can get a product for desk diving, light water use and still get a display back-- that's important to a lot of buyers. If you're going to dive in it, then there are other products for you.)

· Registered
10,940 Posts
Wow those are nice and apparently I'm the only weirdo that kind of likes the black and red version. :)

Jake
I think it's the handset. I like the red on the dial, but the minute hand being red and hours white is kind of different. I think it could grow on me, but doing white for hours and minutes and red on the seconds would have been a "safer" bet.

Even the blue has the unusual characteristic of the dial being trimmed in bronze but with a silver handset. If I had a nit to pick, it would be the hands. The black/stainless bezel is the safe choice, but I'm not sure if I'd go for that or the red or the blue (blue's just so rare in Seiko divers-- limited editions that get snapped up mostly.)

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Those look good! Blue pretty classy, red for a slash of color, black / silver standard tool.

I like these more than the "Baby Monsters" because it SEEMS to have slightly smaller bezels (maybe just the pics). The large bezels on the Baby were a turn off for me

· Registered
1,849 Posts
ERMAGERD!!!!! that blue one!!!! WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But no lume pip on the bezel?

So many new Seikos coming down the pipe. I was thinking a sumo would be my final purchase for a few years but after seeing this, that's not happening.

Reactions: Jcp311

· Registered
108 Posts
I was always on the fence with the Seiko Monsters. Knew they were quality affordable pieces, but could never warm up to the look for some odd reason, can't quite explain why. But that blue and gold markers have my name written all over it. Time to get a Seiko 5.

I do agree with the sentiment, what the f happened to the lume pip on the bezel man?

· Registered
689 Posts
I think these will fit a good range of wrist sizes. I wouldn't write it off so quickly, especially if you like it. That 49.5 L2L is a pretty short measurement compared to other similarly sized 44mm case divers with 52mm+ L2Ls.
Sold my Skx007 because of the size. If my memory serves me right, it's smaller than the said measurements for this watch. I only have a 6.75" wrist and 42mm is really my max. If they'll offer a smaller one around 40-42 in width, we're looking at my next purchase. Come on Seiko, make it happen :)

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.