WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's not a custom mod, but a new model that Seiko is about to introduce.

I'm not sure if the above chrono24 link is to an AD, but I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to ping Higuchi or Chino and ask to see when they can get their hands on it. They would probably give you close to the best price as well.
I spoke with Higuchi.

there response was: Dear Sir,. Thankyou for your request at Higuchi-inc. it will be release on JUN/2015. We dont take any pre-order/...sorry.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Thanks for finding out. The chrono24 sounds a bit fishy then, cant imagine he can 100% secure the pieces from seiko, so wonder what happens if he has more pre orders than watches next summer..
chrono24 is a fountain of misinformation at times.;-)

that said. Higuchi request forms can be filled out by anyone and he gives quick replys. Higuchi is 100% on trust scale.:-!

· Registered
1,169 Posts
something fishy about ctgwatch taking preorders.....

there are only 1000 being made....ctg is not getting all 1000 lol!!!!.....hilarious that they state they guarantee allocation once someone overpays for the watch......i can only imagine how many pre-orders they have received.......:roll:

not sure how they can guarantee everyone will get one unless they have a 'cap'...example: ctg getting 10 and first 10 are guaranteed......something stinks...

· Registered
1,169 Posts
I wonder what the price at release will be? The yen is down right now, but the pricing on the SBDX012 seems to be at the older and higher yen value. Example: 3S has it on Rakuten for $2512 and the SBDX001 at $1570. No way in hell I'd pay nearly $1k over a regular MM300 for this.
clearly the sbdx001 is discounted as the msrp is 250000yen....but we know from seiya and higuchi they sell for cheaper....

the sbdx012 lists at 280000yen and i highly doubt that a LE with 1000 pieces only will be discounted....

whether its worth it or not is up to the individual buyer....

· Registered
1,169 Posts

It was announced in 1968, and followed the dial design of Japan's first "mechanical high beat (10 vibration) 300m diver", Ashiraimashita the gold.
Special specification limited model only

As a special specification limited model only, I am a Yoshijo of Distribution for the band that came with the same gold as the dial design. Also, on the back side (portion corresponding to the normal watch case back), we are a testament of limited edition as "LIMITED EDITION" and the serial number is marked.

Ultra-high air-tight one-piece construction that boasts a high air-tightness, water tightness

One-piece construction and a unique L-shaped packing no back cover made of titanium that does not penetrate into the helium gas case.
In 1983 of JAMSTEC (JAMSTEC), under high pressure helium gas environment of 30 atmospheres, where it was subjected to air-tightness test of various Divers watch, several times the diver's watch Seiko other companies of airtightness to several tens of times proven to be excellent, it was confirmed from experiments that it is a true diver.

4:00 position crown of excellent safety

So as not to interfere with the movement of the wrist, placed in the 4:00 position.
High performance rotating bezel that basic safety

Operability, safety, using your own rotating bezel packing with excellent durability, reverse rotation prevention bezel that rotates in one direction only.
Thick needles and index excellent visibility

In consideration to the visibility in the dark, such as deep sea, and has adopted the Rumiburaito to needles and index.
Beautiful case, band

The case and band, from everyday use of abrasion and small scratches, protect the natural beautiful shine and clean finish watch, Seiko own surface processing technology "diamond shield" has been decorated. In addition, the character on the bezel is subjected to a golden finish by anodic oxidation treatment of laser, without exfoliation and faded, you can check the firmly time forever.
Made of urethane change banded

In urethane-made change band with, you can enjoy to suit your mood.

300m waterproof for saturation diving

The waterproof for saturation diving to allow diving in the deep sea.
Antimagnetic

Magnetic resistance to be exposed to direct current magnetic field not affected by the 4,800A / m.

High airtightness, watertightness L-shaped packing

Unique L-shaped packing structure, by special packing material development, and achieve airtightness, water-tightness of high level.
Rumiburaito

The store is absorbed in a short time the light of the sunlight or lighting equipment, a Rumiburaito that emits light in the dark, is subjected to the needle and the index, and has improved visibility in dark such as at night or deep sea.

Product nameSBDX012
Limited model nameDomestic Divers 50th Anniversary Limited model
Limited quantity1,000
Drive systemMechanical self-winding (with manual winding)
Caliber No8L35
Case MaterialStainless steel case (some hard coating)
Glass materialDual Kabuhadorekkusu
Glass coatingAnti-reflective coating inside
RumiburaitoYes (needle index)
AccuracyDay difference +15 seconds to -10 seconds
Waterproof300m waterproof for saturation diving
AntimagneticYes
SizeVertical 50.5mm × 44.3mm × horizontal thickness 14.62mm
Weight214g
Other featuresOne-piece construction screw lock type crown rotating bezel case back serial number double lock clasp second hand stop function stone number 26 stone

· Registered
1,169 Posts
this was my last conversation with Higuchi.....

I spoke with Higuchi.

there response was: Dear Sir,. Thankyou for your request at Higuchi-inc. it will be release on JUN/2015. We dont take any pre-order/...sorry.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
lol. no thanks. clearly someone looking to rip someone off. these are no more than 2400 us at the most.......this guy is clearly looking to scam some sucker.......for $2000 less i can get a regular mm300.....

$3700...LE or not...no thanks......

i see the other guy wants $3000.....not as bad as a ripoff artist.....i prefer to deal with the tried and true sources.....im pretty sure someone is gonna get scammed on this LE marinemaster by someone at some point...it wont be me!!!!!

· Registered
1,169 Posts
i just got off the phone with CHINO watch literally 2 min ago.......its around 11:30am sunday morning in Tokyo......

i was told they will probably only be getting one sbdx012!!!!!!!!......one!!!!!!!!!:p

anyways i was also told they will not accept pre-orders and they will not ship this particular model outside of Japan!!!!! any other model yes, but not the limited edition sbdx012 as its meant for Japan only!!!!!!...dont shoot the messenger.....

i told him other places were taking pre-orders and he laughed and said....good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......he said this watch is so limited that each dealer may only get 1-5 pieces if that.......

anyways he said he couldent help me but would ship the regular mm300 for around 1770 US.......

buyer beware guys.....looks like some of these 'dealers' taking pre-oreders may just be interested in taking your money....

Higuchi not taking pre-orders....

Chino not taking pre-orders......

it all makes me want one even more

AZfinetime?????lol...i dont think soo|

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Good advice Snakeeyes......unless you want to throw everyone else off the trail!!! JK. Good looking out!
lol. not my style though.....truth is in this day and age of the internet if its too good to be true it usually is.....anyways im not doubting that some of these guys on ebay whatnot are taking pre-orders but what im saying is their is no guarantee one will receive a watch......or worse....get their money back......lots of tricks...such as 'non refundable' deposits......just saying......

chino higuchi are both at the top of their game and they are both not taking pre-orders and chino says they are only getting ONE sbdx012...ONE!!!!!! lmao.......

something is fishy and it stinks......unless i can obtain through a REPUTABLE tried and true source i will pass and grab myself a regular mm300 once and for all....

someone earlier mentioned 1000 pieces is alot......not really....SEIKO has a diehard following and like i said....CHINO watch guy laughed and said....good luck!!!!!!...thats code for "you probably wont get one".....

i hope Chino is wrong on all counts for those who want one.......for CTGwatches to be taking preorders and others is 'shady' because again..according to Chino each dealer will be LUCKY to get 1-5 watches with 1 being more likely.....i hope im wrong...i want to be wrong......i hope chinos wrong...i want chino to be wrong....

for the record.....chino stated that EVEN IF they had them they WOULD NOT ship outside of Japan.....which is kind of stupid as far as im concerned......

ive contacted Higuchi and Chino......both were no help.....seiya???.........i doubt it.....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.