WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Seiko SRP watches with 4R35 mvmt

50K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Ed P. 
#1 ·
Pardon my ignorance if this has been discussed, but I just get an advertisement for new Siekos withthe 4R35 movement.

Watches of the week

Are these new or just now available to the USA?

Any thoughts on the 4R35?

#2 ·
A few of those are not too bad. I believe that movement is a more economical alternative to the 6r15 movement. Hacks and hand winds but cheaper mainspring and shorter power reserve. Still the hacking/handwinding makes it a step up from the lower end 7s26 and 4r15.

#4 ·
These are available in SG for about a week already. But only thru some retailers, hence not so widely known to all. I can confirm that the movements are really hackable and winding. Definitely are 4rXX movements, but i can't be sure whether izzit 15 or 35 w/o day wheel.

#5 ·
Perhaps this is more of a hand windable and hackable 7s26 than 6r15, no? If so, that's ok. All of my 7s movements are less than 10 seconds per day and are easily adjustable. Plus, it looks like this Presage series has sapphire on it also. If that's the case these watches are a good deal considering what you get.

#9 ·
Very brief internet search revealed that they might have simply taken the 6r15 and used a cheaper spring, for less power reserve and possibly less accuracy.

#15 ·
Also a lot of them share the exact same case, bezel, crown, and bracelet.

So a lot of these models are almost identical, the only difference being the dial, and in some cases the color of the case or the watch is on a strap.

Attachments

#8 ·
#12 ·
4R35 movements are those that are just with date wheels.

4R36 comes with addition of a day wheel. Examples are...
watches88. SEIKO 5 Sports World Timer Collection 100M Automatic SRP125K1
watches88. SEIKO 5 Sports World Timer Collection 100M Automatic SRP127K1
watches88. SEIKO 5 Sports World Timer Collection 100M Automatic SRP129K1

Model SRP132 is a limited edition, with higher price tag.

Both 4R3x movements have shorter reserve than 4R1x movements
Does the World Timer Bezel really do anything useful, and what is the function of the 24 hour time ring around the outside? If all you can do is rotate the bezel to line up the hour hand with a known city so you can find the time of other cities, then that's pretty lame. I have an SRP165K1, with a 4R36A movement, and it's keeping great time. I haven't checked its PR yet, but the 4R36A is definitely not a warmed over 7Sxx, or a dumbed down 4R16!

#13 ·
To me... and perhaps some other who communicate with people outside their country frequently, the rotating bezel is really a good tool to be there... of course to the tradditional divers watch collectors, the bezel seems to be some kind of wierd as there's no timing markers on the bezel for practical diving use.

#19 ·
had a chance to fondle some seiko 5s on the new movement about a couple of weeks back. try to hand wind it and, though unlike the buttery wind of the 6R15 (on the Sumo i also held) and that of the mm300, it is smooth nonetheless! very good for the price!!!
loving my 4R15 (spork) but the hand wind and hack is really nice to have! can't wait for the 200m divers to come out with the new movement! there are new ones coming in, but doesn't catch my fancy yet:
SRP233K1 (not in pic -- has red shroud, coolest actually)
SRP234K1
SRP236K1 (looks like a Monster's bezel was fitted on it, i may be wrong)

*pics from a post at our local watch forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.