WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard too many recommendations for the bracelet on these, and was fortunate enough to find a correct (three micro adjust) bracelet for my 2006 SAR. Of course I had to get the maple leaf... ;-) It's a very nice bracelet, as many have pointed out... Now I just have fear it's too close to my SKX 173 on its super oyster and may have to lose that one :-( Anyway, here are a few quick pics, Cheers, HBL

And FYI here's my Seiko setup I was referring to... (I do really like this watch and bracelet, and would recommend it to anyone)

P.S. This one arrived yesterday too... a good watch week!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Looks great. I just ordered a TSAR with the rubber. Hope to get the bracelet later.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Congrats HBL. Love the maple leaf bracelet too.

That Cavedweller is badass. Solid piece, the lines/edges are killer.

Cool stuff. Have a good weekend enjoying them.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Which one to keep is a no-brainer:) I miss my SAR:-( As soon as I can I'm going to want to hunt for one again. I prefer the bracelet on it opposed to the rubber, just meant to be IMO. Very solid all around and didn't feel like it wore on me as the specs laid out on it size wise, fit perfect on my wrist. Beefy but just right!

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts...

SAR on a tropic, some summer shoes.
Looks great David, and I see you are one of the rare "12 hour" guys. Love those bezels.

Congrats HBL. Love the maple leaf bracelet too.

That Cavedweller is badass. Solid piece, the lines/edges are killer.

Cool stuff. Have a good weekend enjoying them.
Thank you my friend, I will. You too.

Which one to keep is a no-brainer:) I miss my SAR:-( As soon as I can I'm going to want to hunt for one again. I prefer the bracelet on it opposed to the rubber, just meant to be IMO. Very solid all around and didn't feel like it wore on me as the specs laid out on it size wise, fit perfect on my wrist. Beefy but just right!
Agree, and good luck in your search! To clarify, the SAR is definitely a keeper, I was just wondering if the Seiko should stay as well. I think I'll live with them both for the time being, see how it works.

Cheers all,
HBL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great Looking watches - I've got a GSAR on the US bracelet - It has been through the ringer and back (less than 50 days left on its 2nd combat tour). The SAR is a great looking watch, may have to put that on the list.... Can someone pass where to get the GMT Bezel? I assume they fit the GSAR also..... Thanks...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Huge fan of the GMT Bezel. :-!
Thanks!

Great Looking watches - I've got a GSAR on the US bracelet - It has been through the ringer and back (less than 50 days left on its 2nd combat tour). The SAR is a great looking watch, may have to put that on the list.... Can someone pass where to get the GMT Bezel? I assume they fit the GSAR also..... Thanks...
First, thanks for your service. Second, get home safe. Third, the 12 hour bezels are no longer available. Two small runs were made by Jim Madrid [part of the original SAR design team] but sold out quickly. You can find them up for sale [installed on a watch] if you look hard enough and yes, they fit the GSAR.
Good luck,
dP

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the gouge Dan and also the support - it is essential, actually fundamental to all of us to have folks' support. It seems like the lesson learned from Indochina has stuck, thankfully. I'll keep my eyes open. Maybe one of these days Jim will do a 3rd run?

VR, Tim

·
Registered
158 Posts
As much as I like the bracelet on my SAR-D, I've found that it seems to come alive on other straps. Nato and Zulu straps are the obvious choice, and recently I've been loving the Isofrane on it. Makes for a very toolish look.

Had not considered the rubber tropic strap, it does look good.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Jim hooked me up with a SS bracelet as well, I asked for the US stamp and I really like it. Quality bracelet especially for the price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts