WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm very happy with my Marine Original |>|>, but...found the strap to be a little on the delicate and diminutive side for my tastes.

I tried a black croc today, and wasn't happy with that either.

I happened to have this one kicking around (from my Panerai) and I'm quite happy with the more substantial look and feel.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Stephen,

for me, it works - exept of the "Pre Vendome Buckle".
But I had to admit my taste is not always the common.
I recently tried this combination and it was very pleased with it, but most said thats a "nogo" for this watch.

I really like to play around with different strap option. For the Marine, I think a dark brown alligator
will be the final choice. I hope my ordered one is coming soon.

Greetings from Germany

Frank

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Frank,

I agree, the Pre-V buckle is a little overpowering in the pic. When it's on, it's less noticeable though. The other problem is a that it's a sewn-in buckle, and I don't really want to snap it off.

I also don't have a 24mm thumbnail buckle on hand at the moment, which is another issue.

I really just wanted to get something other than the OEM strap on it. The thickness and general size of this one just feels right to me.

All that said, this is an interim measure for me. I'm still looking for *the* right strap, and I think I might have found something really cool. Stay tuned! B-)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hi Stephen,
in my opinion the Marine Original deserves a less sportive strap. I ordered for mine a blue croco strap; you could try on it a blue shark strap.

Ciao

Engi

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Engi,

Thanks for the feedback |>

I guess I've become very used to thick straps from wearing my Panerai almost daily for months. Thin straps just don't do it for me, and I don't find them particularly comfortable either - but that's just me.

Here is a pic of the strap on the wrist, I think it looks great :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my MO, and the brown leather strap that it came with doesn't quite do it for me. I liked the pictures with brown, but now that I see it in person, I'm going to look for something in black.

Your combo looks good if you're into the Panerai style. To me, the MO is more of a dress watch so I will go with something that's a bit dressier. But if you like it, wear it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts