WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new Sinn 212 KSK GMT diver –.anyone seen this yet?

Spotted on the Sinn Instagram and uhrenforum – acronym-heavy, and could definitely do without the oversized logo, but I'll be damned if I haven't been waiting for a new GMT diver from Sinn. Digging the hell out of this one, hoping there are plans for a non-SE version.

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 12.22.43 PM.jpg

...and I don't speak German, but it looks/sounds like the logo is pretty universally reviled at this moment. Womp womp.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: new Sinn 212 KSK GMT diver –.anyone seen this yet?

Just noticed too how the hour hand is supposed to be a sword (see the lines splitting the lume to form the blade and hilt). Kinda silly, but cool still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts

What is with the bezel and what does "KTK" stand for?
Sinn Uhren: Modell 212 KSK

"The Kommando Spezialkräfte (special forces command, or KSK) was officially formed on 20 September 1996. Since then, the global operations carried out by this special forces military unit have been of political, strategic and operational significance. A key priority of the KSK for example is to rescue and evacuate German citizens from crisis situations."

·
Registered
185 Posts

Thanks prateeko. I'm kind of confused by the bezel. I know that certain watches can used as a rudimentary compass but don't understand the numbers engraved on the scale. But, who cares, I love the watch. Is there a USA price yet?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks prateeko. I'm kind of confused by the bezel. I know that certain watches can used as a rudimentary compass but don't understand the numbers engraved on the scale. But, who cares, I love the watch. Is there a USA price yet?
Seems like based on the time of the day special forces can use this to calculate bearings based on what the website says:

"In keeping with the unconventional spirit of the KSK, the design of the rotating bezel features the rather unconventional 64-mil ratcheting of a German army compass, which facilitates orientation in KSK field operations. This military-style ratcheting shows east at 16 milliradians, south at 32 milliradians, west at 48 milliradians and north at 64 milliradians. The rotating bezel can thus be turned to mark the direction of north ? ascertained using the time and position of the sun ? and aligned north. The numbers marked on the rotating bezel subsequently enable the direction and azimuth of the destination to be read. This special rotating bezel represents the determination and ability of the KSK to fulfil their mission even when all modern equipment fails."

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

...and apparently the green seconds hand variant shown earlier in this thread is the super-limited standard issue version for the KSK, and the red second hand with the grey 24hr scale is the civilian version.

·
Registered
242 Posts

...and apparently the green seconds hand variant shown earlier in this thread is the super-limited standard issue version for the KSK, and the red second hand with the grey 24hr scale is the civilian version.
If this is the case then it's a replica and should be downsized accordingly to a more reasonable 42-44 mm "civilian" size, as most of us will not be wearing it over the sleeve of our combat jackets. I checked out the Watchbuys e-mail tonight and when I saw the size @ 47mm I simply closed the browser.

T

·
Registered
525 Posts
new Sinn 212 KSK GMT diver –.anyone seen this yet?

i dropped by the local AD in Singapore and asked my agent to order me one, just to be on the safe side. then i asked to try on the normal edition which to my surprise doesn't really feel that much bigger diameter wise from a U1. it's thick though, like Rolex Deep Sea thick or even thicker. it's probably best on rubber as i feel the steel bracelet will just make it more heavy on the wrist

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts

Bad news about thegreen version. But I couldn't wear a 47mm watch on my puny wrist anyways...

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

...then i asked to try on the normal edition which to my surprise doesn't really feel that much bigger diameter wise from a U1. it's thick though, like Rolex Deep See thick.
Anyone know what the l2l is on the 212?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts