1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: New Sinns including a white face U1 at Basel 2009

while I would LOVE a white dialed U1 I'm having a hard time believing that pic is real. Why is it in B/W?? It looks like a manipulated reverse negative...i mean would sinn REALLY put this watch on a white strap??

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts

while I would LOVE a white dialed U1 I'm having a hard time believing that pic is real. Why is it in B/W?? It looks like a manipulated reverse negative...i mean would sinn REALLY put this watch on a white strap??
I can assure you this watch is real...I handled it last Saturday at Baselworld and Ernie took a few pictures of it on my wrist. This was the TOP Secret Sinn he mentioned in his Baselworld Day Three thread.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts

This pic shows us the excellent idea with a Sinn LE.
Looks a bit boring with no colours. We can learn from that, and create a much more spectacular watch!!
Is the dial fully lumed or just white?

I hate a white band. They stay white untill you actually use it, about 3.5 minutes. Max.
This watch is a prototype for a proposed limited edition comissioned by one of Sinns other customers. If I were a betting man I'd say it's probably the same customer behind the Limited Edition (250 pieces each) U1 Black and the U1 Stealth. The fact the photo first turned up on Horomundi makes it hard to believe otherwise. :think:

·
Registered
256 Posts

I can assure you this watch is real...I handled it last Saturday at Baselworld and Ernie took a few pictures of it on my wrist.
GREAT NEWS!:-!

I hope this watch isn't too limited...I've been waiting for just the right U1 for a while and this is it!

What color are the hands? From the gray tone it looks like they might be red??

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts

David A ! You will be more pleased with the WUS U1 LE. You will have your say in the design!

My bet is the US AD Watchbuys is the originator.
Anyone for a bet?

Right you are about our WUS U1 Project Watch, Janne!

The reason I got to handle this TOP Secret Sinn is because Ernie Romers (WUS Owner), Marcel (Ernies business partner), John F. and I were meeting with Sinn on Saturday to discuss a WatchUSeek Limited Edition Sinn U1 of our very own.

I pitched our preliminary design and Simone (Sinns Marketing Manager) smiled, excused herself and returned with this watch. We were floored! We discussed the possibility of a similar watch and Sinn is on board as long as it is unique enough that it won't be confused with the TOP Secret U1 for their other customer. I enquired about other color and feature combinations and it appears the sky (and our wallets) is the limit.

All we have to do on our end is guarantee 30 buyers and they'll produce a run of 50 for us. I will post more from our meeting in the coming days. Ernie is going to set up a WUS LE Sinn sub-forum when he returns from Baselworld.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts

30 buyers?
So it is OK with 30 guaranteed people only?
The other 20 units, will Sinn sell them or is that our responsibility (and cost)?
Sinn will handle everything for us. I'm sure the other 20 won't have any problem finding homes especially when we open this up to other forums like the the WUS DWF, the German Sinn Forum and the Spanish Sinn Forums, etc.

·
Registered
256 Posts

heck, 30 buyers shouldn't be too hard to wrangle up. I was thinking you would need at least 100-200, 30 is hardly anything.

I like the idea of a white U1 but if it's too close to the aforementioned LE how do folks feel about an orange diver U1?? As far as I can recall there has never been an orange dialed sinn.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts

I am liking that white dial U1. How about the aforementined all lume dial for the WUS Edition?

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts

heck, 30 buyers shouldn't be too hard to wrangle up. I was thinking you would need at least 100-200, 30 is hardly anything.

I like the idea of a white U1 but if it's too close to the aforementioned LE how do folks feel about an orange diver U1?? As far as I can recall there has never been an orange dialed sinn.
Actually, there has. This orange dialed LE Roberto Jewelers is what got us talking about making our own LE U1:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=238826https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=242065

And here's where it went from there:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=242065

We'd love to hear your input. :-!

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts

I am liking that white dial U1. How about the aforementined all lume dial for the WUS Edition?
I believe that dial is fully lumed. Sinn also said we could do a grey "stealth" lume dial with any color hands we want. Some people are calling the white dial version the U1 ICE. I think a grey lumed dial could be called the Black ICE. ;-)

·
Registered
256 Posts

Actually, there has. This orange dialed LE Roberto Jewelers is what got us talking about making our own LE U1:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=238826

And here's where it went from there:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=242065

We'd love to hear your input. :-!

wow, great info! I had no idea those models existed. Looking at Robertos site I see he also had a yellow dial made (which would have been my next choice). I think both dials look great but the stealth lume seems out of place with these colors, especially with the orange.

·
Registered
256 Posts

I believe that dial is fully lumed. Sinn also said we could do a grey "stealth" lume dial with any color hands we want. Some people are calling the white dial version the U1 ICE. I think a grey lumed dial could be called the Black ICE. ;-)
I think the best approach is to find out exactly what the details of the white LE are (fully lumed dial or not, color of hands, pvd or steel case). Without knowing exactly what that other model will feature it's hard to come up with different variations for a forum watch.

How much leeway do you think sinn would allow in dial variations? Could the text be altered? If the other watch uses a white lumed dial perhaps we could do the same if we included a logo or different text to make it a different dial??

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts

I think the best approach is to find out exactly what the details of the white LE are (fully lumed dial or not, color of hands, pvd or steel case). Without knowing exactly what that other model will feature it's hard to come up with different variations for a forum watch.

How much leeway do you think sinn would allow in dial variations? Could the text be altered? If the other watch uses a white lumed dial perhaps we could do the same if we included a logo or different text to make it a different dial??
I think the details of the other white dialed watch are set. Simone said the dial glowed green and I asked if they could use C1 that glowes whiter on ours and she said there was no reason they couldn't. I also asked about dial variations and she said almost anything is possible and to give her a design and she'll figure up a price.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts

I'd like to see a U1s with construction-crew-flourescent green dial. Put a yellow or orange sweep on there...oh baby!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts

Peter, I think you want to read by it.:-!
That works for me, though a bright blue lume might be cool, too.
Which one is brighter?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.