WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. After ordering and receiving my long-awaited SMG and then having to deal with a small glitch with the watch I finally received my newly-fixed SMG. I loved it. However, I saw a picture of the new version of the SMG (here on watchuseek) without the AM/PM indicator and fell in love with that version. Oh had I only known of its availability when I placed my order.

Fast forward. I called Mike and told him how pleased I was with his service on my "old" SMG. I went on to say how much I loved the new version, and then asked him if I could trade my "old" (it was about a week old) version for the new version. Without hesitation he said he would do it!

After returning my SMG to Kobold - again - I was absolutely delighted to receive my new SMG today. What a truly magnificent watch. It's by far my favorite. A true "holy grail" watch for me. For me, there is no other watch!

The highlight of this story - for me - is that I was able to call the owner of the company, talk to him personally, and with his permission trade in my "old" SMG for the new version. This has to be - without any doubt - the finest customer service ever (Mike, Dan and Ed, if you see this, you guys are the BEST!).

I defy anyone to say they've ever had better customer service.

P.S. That UTS is gonna go if I find a SEAL for sale any time soon...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi All,

I too received my new SMG-1 and I am pleased with the service. I was lucky because when I ordered mine, it was explained to me that the newer version would come out w/o the am/pm indicator so that is what I ordered. Just received it today and was very happy except I noticed what I thought was just surface dust is actually dust on the inside of the watch, also something embedded on the crystal at one 'oclock. I don't know if this is also normal but is your minute hand slightly curved towards the watch or is it just as straight as the hour hand. please let me know, nonetheless i will call up Ed today to find out what I can do. kinda sucks because i wanted to start wearing the watch, oh well patience is a virtue. thanks.

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts