WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 5 months where I achieved a personal goal of losing 40 lbs, I rewarded myself with a long sought after Omega SMPc. Love this watch!

First post here as well. Have been reading and enjoying this forum for quite some time but have had little reason to post until now.

Certainly a good start to a great collection. Cheers!

CJB

Attachments

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
In choosing this watch you have demonstrated that you are a man of superior intellect and a stylemaster beyond compare.

Here's mine:

smp 09.jpg

:-d

Big congratulations to you and welcome to the forum! :-!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on achieving your goal, and on your sweet Seamaster!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on both achievements! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
congrats on a truly stunning watch :) thanks for sharing with us..you have wonderful taste Sir :)
but seeing that you lost twenty pounds, which is indeed an achievement in five months, you should also shed light on how you did it to educate everyone else too :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes Bohner! That's the best Omega in the best colour… don't let anyone tell you any different! (I may be somewhat biased).

Was enjoying a pint with mine here:

Welcome to the SMPc club… our contingent grows stronger every day!

Reactions: jokr82 and Merv

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,793 Posts
but seeing that you lost twenty pounds, which is indeed an achievement in five months, you should also shed light on how you did it to educate everyone else too :)
He lost 40 (it took me six to lose 30), and I have some ideas about how he might've gotten it off. But, better for him to explain it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
He lost 40 (it took me six to lose 30), and I have some ideas about how he might've gotten it off. But, better for him to explain it.
I wanna drop about 30lbs as well. I've already dropped about 35 in the last couple of years, but really struggling to do the same again now. Been doing lots of running lately, but it doesn't seem to be helping that much. My diet is OK... But unfortunately I have a real sweet tooth and struggle to stay away from the puddings sometimes. I think at times lately I've been having too little calories and plateauing because of that.

It's weird, but I find it easier to lose weight when I'm just concentrating on diet, as soon as I start exercising heavily I just seem to plateau for some reason. I'm probably the fittest I've ever been right now, running 10k's once or twice a month, and doing 6-8k's a few times a week. My legs are starting to get quite muscular but I can't seem to drop much weight and lose anything around the belly. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks fellas! Yes it was forty, and unfortunately I believe most of it was diet. I did get myself a fitbit bracelet back in November and have religiously hit my 10,000 steps (5 miles) everyday. No running, just walking--but I never miss a day. I'm shooting for at least a full year now. While this is great exercise, I do feel like the diet has been the biggest contributor. I have been logging what I eat and that's changed some amazingly bad habits I used to have. I now rarely overdo it at meals and the snacking is minimum. When you log it you're just more conscious about what you're eating. Anyway, I feel great and am loving the new watch. Thanks again guys.

CJB

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,793 Posts
While this is great exercise, I do feel like the diet has been the biggest contributor. I have been logging what I eat and that's changed some amazingly bad habits I used to have.
Everybody I've known who's lost a significant amount of weight (including myself) has done the same. There are a few friends who don't truly watch what they should eat, and the only method they have of maintaining weight is exercising an insane amount.

You get stronger by pushing and pulling heavy things, you get faster by running faster, but neither of those really help lose weight. It's good food that does the trick.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Congratulations on both the watch and the weight loss - the weight loss will make you live longer and the new watch will make you enjoy those years even more.

Try having a look at www.nerdfitness.com (no affiliation), which is a pretty good and inspiring ressource for those who want to reach new, personal goals.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congrats! That is an awesome sports watch. I owned one for a while and still miss it to this day. One of the most versatile watches on the market. Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
Love how many there are of these on here! So easy to see why they are popular, when I held them in the shop between this, AT and PO the SMP looked more spectacular by an absolute mile!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Congrats on the accomplishment and the reward! Tasteful selection indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts