WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’m looking to buy myself a speedmaster as a Christmas present (buying myself Christmas presents makes me sound like a tool, but I’m not – you understand). I was originally looking at used models, but I would get a new one if the price difference was reasonable. I’m in the military and through some wheeling / dealing, and strategic use of online coupon codes and opening store credit cards, I can get a new Speedmaster Professional for about $2300.

To me that sounds like a great deal! However, I’ve never bought a watch new and am by no means a pricing expert. Is this as good of a deal as it sounds like or really nothing out of the ordinary? Thanks and happy holidays! - Scott

15144434_429af814cb.jpg

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
To give you an idea, retail looks to be about $4,500 right now so if I were you, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I paid quite a bit more for my used 3573.50 (sapphire sandwich version).

It's a fantastic watch and it definitely won't disappoint!

Reactions: shocken2

·
Registered
494 Posts
That price would be reasonable for a minty used 3570.50. You should always buy the seller and all that, but if this offer is legit I would do it.

This could be your wrist soon:
100_4299.jpg

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks! I don't think that you have anything to lose. If you don't like the watch, you could get your funds back via resale without difficulty.

Good luck and please post some pictures!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Speedmaster arrived at my door within a week of ordering. Here’s some pics:

Shipped direct from Omega.

This is the first new watch I've purchased.

Almost hated to remove the plastic.

Beautiful.

With the little brother.
After about two months I've been very happy with the Speedmaster. I'm sure I'll enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks for all the great imput!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Sweet! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Joseff,

His packaging is how Omega originally ships its stock. That's as new an authentic Omega, as you'll ever see. To the OP: Congrats on that beauty, and thank you for your service. Well done.....on both counts. Even with my civilian connections, I paid more than THAT!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Congrats! Awesome watch. You will love it. Here are links to a great website where there is a lot of speedmaster information. Beware, it may give you an itch that is expensive to scratch. After I bought my first speedy, I began reading and then bought my second, then my third, then my fourth, and now I'm shopping for my fifth.
History of the Omega Speedmaster:
An index of articles written by Chuck Maddox

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great looking watch. It is on my ever increasing list of watches to buy (thanks to this forum). Love the AT also. Thanks for sharing.

g

·
Registered
737 Posts
Wow! I bought mine through AAFES online and with some creative couponing (as you did) this past summer and got it down to $2502. Nice job beating that!!!

BTW, I had the exact same packaging....though with a slightly different tagged price ($4,050 vs, $4,500).

100_1001a.jpg

100_1004a.jpg

Congratulations and enjoy!

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice!!! I'm actually looking for the same watch, with a white dial... though!
At that price i'd jump on it :)

Anyone have ideas where I can get a nice one (i'd even consider a used one in great condition... I've seen some on ebay go from $1300 - $1800 depending on the model and dial color).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice!!! I'm actually looking for the same watch, with a white dial... though!
At that price i'd jump on it :)

Anyone have ideas where I can get a nice one (i'd even consider a used one in great condition... I've seen some on ebay go from $1300 - $1800 depending on the model and dial color).
Mtoure, some of the spin-off Speedmasters come in a white dial varity. The only true Speedmaster Professional I know of with a white dial is the Alaska Project. Most collectors favor the origional, manual wind Speedmaster over the spin-offs, but certaintly get what makes you happy. I do have to say that the white dial Broad Arrow with blue hands is a sharp looking watch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts