WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Here it is. The new speedmaster sapphire sandwich. Picked this up on 1.9.21 from the Omega Boutique in King Of Prussia Pa. Just a few days after release, and the last one from their initial shipment. I bought the Hesalite Speedy Pro in September from them as well, and the Speedy 38 in December on Chrono 24. Had no intention of buying another, but the nuanced changes to the new speedy have created what can only be called a magnificent watch. My plan now is to keep the Hesalite on strap (my new strap monster) and the new sapphire sandwich on bracelet. For the record, the bracelet is just fantastic. I thought I would hate the taper. I love it. It's almost...sophisticated? Yes, that's it.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Congrats! It's a beauty! But do you really need 2 speedmasters? lol. That's what I didn't like about the previous speedy's, the lack of taper. A tapered bracelet/ strap emphasizes the watch head ala Rolex, which is the important part.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congrats, love the new bracelet. I'm sure this has been asked before but without having to do a search....Does the new bracelet fit the older hesalite speedy pro?

Edit: ignore that! I've seen the answer (yes) already. Now, where to buy one 🧐

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks great. Can I ask what size your wrist is? I've passed on the Old Speedmaster Pro due to the lug-to-lug distance. This one looks substantially shorter on the lug-to-lug.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Congrats! Love the new bracelet, and I think the step dial really gives it some extra depth and pop.

Anyone know the part number for the new bracelet and how much it will cost on its own?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Congrats on this beauty! Just curious, does the bracelet have some weight to it? Just wondering if it is noticeable on the wrist, as I like something that has just enough weight that you know it’s on your wrist. (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats! It's a beauty! But do you really need 2 speedmasters? lol. That's what I didn't like about the previous speedy's, the lack of taper. A tapered bracelet/ strap emphasizes the watch head ala Rolex, which is the important part.
WELLLL I actually have 3 o_O and bought them all since September. I have a speedmaster 38 as well, which I bought last month. Probably going to sell that one though because other than the size it feels redundant compared to the new sapphire sandwich. The bracelet was a big part of the reason I bought the 38 and it's very similar to the new bracelets.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on this beauty! Just curious, does the bracelet have some weight to it? Just wondering if it is noticeable on the wrist, as I like something that has just enough weight that you know it’s on your wrist. (y)
On the contrary, it's super light. It disappears on the wrist. Definitely lighter than the previous gen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great. Can I ask what size your wrist is? I've passed on the Old Speedmaster Pro due to the lug-to-lug distance. This one looks substantially shorter on the lug-to-lug.
Sorry - I have not measured it. They took out 5 links though, if that helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts