WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Omega have named a Speedmaster.... "Speedy Tuesday", after a website blog! And it's on the caseback too!
Boy that sounds naff, but it does look good...apart from the name.
Yup, the name does detract from what is a terrific-looking LE. Totally agree.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Would not buy one but I do like it - lum is really cool.

I think what we are seeing here is a brand connecting with opportunities and it's market (no bad thing). As a brand they did not have to embrace Speedy Tuesday, but they have of course seen an opportunity and have supported the fan base with an anniversary edition. It will of course get its detractors as these things do - too many variants etc. Of course it comes at a price but it also shows they could be tuning into the market of fans others choose to ignore and seeking opportunities to do something different - again no bad thing

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^
Despite what I said above about the name, I do also agree with what you're saying, Baz44, about the company trying something different from a marketing POV...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
So Omega have named a Speedmaster.... "Speedy Tuesday", after a website blog! And it's on the caseback too!
Boy that sounds naff, but it does look good...apart from the name.
At first I thought the same, but Speedy Tuesday is something bigger now than just article series on one watch blog. It's more global trend to show Speedmaster appreciation, used widely on Internet media including WUS. They could name it "Internet community" edition but I think calling it #SpeedyTuesday they've made nice tribute to all watch geeks and Speedmaster fans out there.

EDIT:
There goes any possibility of a discount...
I'm not the best speculator, but because of the unique and successful design it might be the future Snoopy in terms of prices.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pretty neat feature on the website where you can choose the LE number you want (subject to availability, of course)...

It's a timed thing - 15 minutes to pull the trigger...

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At first I thought the same, but Speedy Tuesday is something bigger now than just article series on one watch blog. It's more global trend to show Speedmaster appreciation, used widely on Internet media including WUS. They could name it "Internet community" edition but I think calling it #SpeedyTuesday they've made nice tribute to all watch geeks and Speedmaster fans out
Good points; well made.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pretty neat feature on the website where you can choose the LE number you want (subject to availability, of course)...

It's a timed thing - 15 minutes to pull the trigger...
Wonder if this is going to be the same case for their future LE. It's a cool feature though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I also love almost everything that they have done with this model. I would have preferred that the small ticks and the OMEGA Speedmaster Professional not be lumed.

It seems that the email was right, they are going fast. It's only been about an hour or so but I just checked some variants of my year of birth and they are not available anymore.

And I agree with what everyone else has said about this being a refreshing marketing approach.

Reactions: Aphid
1 - 20 of 751 Posts