WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: New Speedy preview Baselworld - video DLC?

Well it had the desired effect. It teased me. I want to know more.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Another Speedy special but it does look very special. :)

·
Registered
12,334 Posts

From the limited view on video that looks spectacular!! Ceragold or liquidmetal? Looks like it could be a stunner.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re: New Speedy preview Baselworld - video

Dark side of the moon?
I'm really curious about the face material... looks great in the teaser.

...But that "dark side" quote is a little too "swatch group", and not enough "omega" for me... hopefully they don't run with that too much...

·
Registered
460 Posts

It looks all dark with indented markers - no paint.

Could be very exciting...

·
Registered
291 Posts

Ok, here's a far fetched theory: Pink Floyd's album Dark Side of the Moon came out in '73. And I think the 'lost' Apollo 18 mission was 1973 or thereabouts- very debatable what happened (if anything) but if you believe Hollywood the moon had a very dark side indeed.... 40 years ago. So could be an Apollo 18 le?

Even I think this is unlikely!! But a pretty cool concept (I want it on the strength of the Floyd reference alone ;))

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts

I'm getting no joy from Omega this new-watch season: Über-thick 42mm PO Ti LM; Big and thick PO GMT; Cool anti-magnetic AT, but with a hideous "bumble-bee" seconds hand; and now a coal-black Speedie with "Dark Side of the Moon" etched on the caseback.

At the rate they're going, the "enhancements" this year to the beloved SMP line will be outright discontinuation. o|

Reactions: Toothbras

·
Registered
393 Posts

Looks like it's liquidmetal with gold hands/indices. Not really a fan. Probably comes on a black leather strap as well.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts

Well...there goes my plan to save up for JLC...

I love Speedmasters...can't wait to see what this model looks like...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

My guess is a polished/brushed black ceramic case, maybe making at least one innovation something of a surprise for Baselworld. That would be rather cool in itself.

But seriously, why the goofy name? Is it a 70s rock band homage, or are they yet again stretching the NASA link to breaking point?

The Speedie 9300 DSOTM. Oh dear.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts

My first reaction: OMG, it's beautiful. Then I thought also that it may be the same treatment as the PO Liquidmetal LE! I can't wait to see this one!

With all the new models coming out lately, I'm suprised they have anything left for Basel 2013! I have also been thinking lately, with the introduction of the anti-magnetic movement, if a new Railmaster, possibly around 39mm, might be coming. Just hoping is all, but that would definitely be "IT" for me if that happened.

Lots of excitement to come looks like!

Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
3,410 Posts

not liking the name but may be a nice one, too soon for me to tell

·
Registered
158 Posts

I really like the idea of Dlc'd 9300, just wish it didn't have a gloss dial (as appears from the video).

·
Registered
50 Posts

The "Dark side of the Moon" part gave me goosebumps. I'm pretty sure that will be the case with its price tag too.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts