WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I knew there were rumors of an iPhone App on the Casio work floor recently. Didn't expect news about this until Sept. 12 though. The GB-6900BB colors look nice (not the striking bloo accents as on the first series).

Cheers,

Sjors
why sept 12th? Apple iPhone 5 event is on that day.. were they ment to announce something then? are these iPhone exclusive?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,582 Posts
are these iPhone exclusive?
No, but Apple is not the easiest to work with and a major player on the Western smartphone market. If you read my review (or maybe other reviews), you already knew it works on Medias (by NEC) smartphones in japan.

Here's my 50 Gs review.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Big thumbs up for Casio putting in more chocolate coloured -5 Gs! I, for one, have been waiting for a long time for official chocolate resin :)

now maybe I can get that GB6900 resin to fit my other 6900s :)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
nice 5600, but I don't need a G with bluetooth at all

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Not that I need a bluetoothed G, heck, I don't even have an iPhone (and don't plan on getting one either), but the 6900AA-1BJF looks very good.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I happen to have a white iPhone 4s. I might have to pick up a white G to match it

·
Registered
765 Posts
I can see myself getting used to the additional functions like mail notifications and range alert (nearly lost my phone more than a couple of times, forgetful I know).

Maybe this will be the G-Shock that ends daily rotation. I can live without solar and ABT functions but once those new functions prove indispensable, hmmm...

---

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm sure that question was asked by some when computers started merging with mobile phones, gaming consoles with mobile phones, and music players with mobile phones :)

I don't think they're the first to do this link, but kudos to Casio for giving it a try. The market will vote on it with dollars. As it stands now, I think consumers are giving up digital watches since their smartphones already offers much of the same features. Making the two symbiotic seems a good idea IMHO.

Add a music player functuon and a content ecosystem and maybe it will even give the workout music player market a run for its money.

Isn't technology exciting?

Connection between watch and iPhone? Why?
Why would a phone need to connect to a watch? Seems like technology is overly technological sometimes. Lame.
---

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think it is awesome. Especially at work, in meetings, at court where you can't look at your phone, but you can see your watch for more info. Maybe I will get it and think it is lame, but I have to at least try it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts