WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a stainless seal from Dan at Kobold. After Mike Kobold personally took my order for the soa (which I love and am wearing right now) I was so impressed that I could not stop thinking how the owner actually took my order and how good Dan has been in answering all of my questions. I sold my tag and omega and am the newest Kobold watch enthusiast. I also ordered a stitchless black widow strap from Shane for the new seal. Special thanks to everyone on here (especially Obie) for the wonderful insight into this line :gold - Bill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats on the new Seal :) . It will quickly become your favorite. It is truly a watch that begs to be worn.

I bought my SS Seal (new) back in November...I have to say the customer service was/is legendary. The best experience I have ever had buying any product.

Vince

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Nothing says "Kobold" like a SEAL...

I'll second Vince's assesment -- the SEAL will definitely become one of your favorites. It truly is a special watch with a look and attitude all its own. From its unique, purposeful design, to its tank-like durability, crystal-clear legibility and spot-on accuracy, I really can't think of a single thing I'd change. Heck, I even like the fact that Mike chucked the date window... In light of this, I have no idea what guns the upcoming "Cousteau" diver will bring to bear on my watch-addicted self to make me consider cheating on the SEAL (though I'm curious to see). Seriously, how are you going to top perfection, Mike? You hear me? Is it March yet?

Anyway congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the club! (Just be sure to post some pics when you receive it, capiche?)

Regards,
Adam

PS - Good call on the Black Widow! |> I love mine, and now I'm thinking of ordering a second one for my Panerai.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I find myself going through a similar process. Got the SOA, really impressed, spending a lot of time on the Kobold site trying to figure out which one should be next.

I'm thinking either Seal (tactical would be nice) or a Soarway Diver with blue dial...hmmmm.

conorb

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Bill,

Congrats on the Seal, I think you picked the perfect tool watch of all time! I am glad that I can be of assistance. Anytime I can help someone find their way into the Kobold line, I am very happy.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Just to add my congratulations on getting a simply superb watch:-!

My first Kobold also a Seal arrived arrived a few days ago and as you can see from my signature i have a watch or two and have been lucky to own a lot over the years,the Seal is right up there with the best of the best:gold

I have got a SOA on hold,next release date and looking forward to getting it.

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you very much guys. The good news is that I received the seal today as well as the delaurian black widow strap and it is awesome (both strap and watch). Will post pics later this weekend. The bad news is that I have a bad feeling that my spirit of america is going to sit in the box and collect dust. The soa is awesome in its own way but the seal is definitely my style. I may just be enamored at the moment with this new seal on the delaurian strap but I can not see this bad boy ever leaving my wrist!!!!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Congrats on the new Seal :) . It will quickly become your favorite. It is truly a watch that begs to be worn.

I bought my SS Seal (new) back in November...I have to say the customer service was/is legendary. The best experience I have ever had buying any product.

Vince
I completely agree. I thought that, originally, nothing would take the place of my beloved Phantom but I am quickly discovering how much I love my SEAL. It's probably going to become my favorite Kobold.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I know what you mean about the Black Widow, Bill; it really puts the OEM Kobold straps to shame. Even so, I've found that I'm digging the NATO almost as much. So much so, in fact, that I've now taken to wearing my SEAL primarily on that thin piece of nylon, as opposed to the beefy Delaurian, or the bracelet. Odd that a $15, dime-a-dozen strap is competing on equal terms with a custom leather job and the "costs-its-weight-in-gold" bracelet (seriously, though, $750 for a stainless steel bracelet? :roll: ).

Anyway, just tossing it out there if you're looking for a cheapo strap option that still looks killer on the SEAL.

Regards,,
Adam

PS - The SEAL is my favorite watch by a longshot, and that includes my new Panerai, which I thought might unseat it. Nope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts