WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
921 Posts
Hello everybody,

I have to give some news on the Airman Original watch and the delivery of this rare piece.

Please be informed the owner of your main supplier ( for movements ) just passed away and his family is helping to keep the business going. Due to this unexpected situation, there have been some delays.
We are working with our supplier to address these problems.

As soon as we found a solution we will be able to make up a time schedule for further production and than we will inform all our customers who are waiting for the Airman Original.

You will be informed as soon as we have some news - hopefully within the next weeks.

thanks for your understanding.

best regards

Jörg Schauer

·
Registered
170 Posts
I do not know about you guys but I was waiting for just a little bit more than just that...but maybe that's just me...:think::think:
C

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Thanks for letting us know.

I will anxiously await more news.............

·
Registered
26 Posts
One of the the very things that makes Stowa appealing to us is the fact that they are a small operation with great personal service. Unfortunately one of the side effect of dealing with smaller companies is the reliance on only one or a select few individuals.

That said, I can totally understand the issues that Stowa's supplier is going through from the passing of their sole proprietor. Everyone on this board (including myself) has been asking for an explanation to the holdup on the FO's. Now we have a legit reason and it is not enough? I am willing to believe Mr. Schauer that did not selct this supplier based on lowest cost, but on superior quality - therefore it would be that much more difficult to find a substitute.

Thanks for the news and I offer my condolences to that business and family.

Seth

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks Jorg.

Knowing that the reservation list is now over 1200+ I am sure he would like to have all of us happy as well as put $ into his company.

I am 991 :(

I am sure that most of us understand that he runs a fantastic company that provides excellent customer service and wants to provide us with a product to his standards as quickly as possible.

T

·
Registered
85 Posts
That said, I can totally understand the issues that Stowa's supplier is going through from the passing of their sole proprietor. Everyone on this board (including myself) has been asking for an explanation to the holdup on the FO's. Now we have a legit reason and it is not enough? I am willing to believe Mr. Schauer that did not selct this supplier based on lowest cost, but on superior quality - therefore it would be that much more difficult to find a substitute.

Thanks for the news and I offer my condolences to that business and family
Sure, by my reply I did not mean to indicate that I didn't think that the reason was legitimate or satisfactory. I also offer my condolences to the family of the supplier who has passed away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts