WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
My current order for a 6498 has been on the books for a month. I emailed to see if there was any update related to the slightly modified movements and was told that they expect to have them in hand in the next several days.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Oh, if only that would come true again ... a Stowa Flieger 6498 with hacking central seconds hand.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am going to lay down my prediction that it is the same, simple movement with perhaps two color schemes. I am good either way and am equally excited about getting one in a glass bead blast finish for a more toolish look. It will compliment my brushed version I already own. One for uniform wear and another for a dressier approach. I just love the simplicity of the watch and the size is nearly perfect.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Saw this thread got revived, stowa still hasn’t revealed the update. I hope everyone is letting themselves be surprised 😂

·
Registered
270 Posts
Based upon my recent order for my new 6498, I do have information that reveals that the new movement is only slightly modified and will not be changing much at all. I will not get ahead of their photo release, as I believe that the photograph that they sent me was only a courtesy and not intended to be released. Basically, one plate, where the regulator lever is located, is smooth in the area where the arc of the regulation adjustment would occur. My current 2016 model has the older logo on the back, as does their current stock image on their website. The new movement I saw has the latest logo/graphic to the left of the standard "S" in the Stowa gold engraving. Pretty underwhelming but I am buying the function of the Unitas movement over the form. So, I am pretty indifferent.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Based upon my recent order for my new 6498, I do have information that reveals that the new movement is only slightly modified and will not be changing much at all. I will not get ahead of their photo release, as I believe that the photograph that they sent me was only a courtesy and not intended to be released. Basically, one plate, where the regulator lever is located, is smooth in the area where the arc of the regulation adjustment would occur. My current 2016 model has the older logo on the back, as does their current stock image on their website. The new movement I saw has the latest logo/graphic to the left of the standard "S" in the Stowa gold engraving. Pretty underwhelming but I am buying the function of the Unitas movement over the form. So, I am pretty indifferent.
Thanks for the update ... I guess we'll have to keep the faith that a hacking central hands 6498 will be in the works someday.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is an image of what I believe to be the 6498 movement that looks like the one that was shared with me a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ok, now I understand your previous post of a minor change ... thought there would be a more significant movement upgrade for a "new" 6498 Flieger.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ok, now I understand your previous post of a minor change ... thought there would be a more significant movement upgrade for a "new" 6498 Flieger.
I received a delivery today having not been aware that my recently ordered Stowa 6498 had shipped from Germany. I was shocked to see the delivery from Stowa. My 6498 I received today is exactly like the one pictured in that other thread. I do find it odd that they have not updated the website. Their wording that there could be two versions does have me curious still. Perhaps they are awaiting that other version to arrive before they display images of the "new" version(s) of the movement. ...still a fan. I hope to do a review of this watch at some point in the near future. I just need to get my macro lens mounted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey everybody! Hodinkee just posted this article on the MO 41.

Scrolling down to where they talk about “The Movement” and they are telling us that the MO will be shifting over to the long awaited production version of the Durowe 7440. First I’ve heard of that.
It seems like the movement changes Stowa was referring to with the 6498 Flieger is just aesthetics changes, but maybe the future is Durowe, it depends on how much in-house movement making Stowa is willing to take on.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

Scrolling down to where they talk about “The Movement” and they are telling us that the MO will be shifting over to the long awaited production version of the Durowe 7440. First I’ve heard of that.
It seems like the movement changes Stowa was referring to with the 6498 Flieger is just aesthetics changes, but maybe the future is Durowe, it depends on how much in-house movement making Stowa is willing to take on.
That article is from 2013...?

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,409 Posts

What does „just“ mean in your terms ? 10 years ago? The Durowe 7440 died a long time ago. Only a few Marine with 7440 have been made/sold and the encouraging attempt to go „in-house“ vanished completely. A shame if you ask me.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts