WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stowa just sent out their „vacation newsletter“ offering a new collector’s edition, limited to 100 pieces.

The well known Flieger Klassik in a 40 mm case (FL 23883 engraving) now comes with a high quality polished, grey dial. It features a top finish automatic movement with the limitation number on the caseback, a handmade rotor is also part of the package.

0A249A98-618B-4D03-8616-B6A7ACF41FAF.jpeg

This watch is also available in a 36 mm case.

AEAACC9E-A663-4A6B-AF09-6030B1542CEF.jpeg

You can choose between light grey, dark grey and black leatherstrap. All straps are stiched by hand.

More information: www.stowa.de

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
In for 40mm #21! Wonderful addition to the series. :)

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
The grey dial with the blued hands look amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
Wow, they look stunning!
With a type B dial I would seriously consider it, 3 type A may already be enough - or not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this LE. I think it's stunning, but then again I also purchased the Sinn 556i LE with sunburst grey dial and no date, so I may have a type...

·
Registered
340 Posts
That’s an amazing watch. My next pilot will be that one or a Damasko.

𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮 @𝘫𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯.𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ordered the 36mm. I like grey sunburst dials. The sunburst finish adds interest to the dial. I also think grey will be a less harsh contrast with the standard black dial, making it more versatile to wear. I have read good things about Stowa's dial and hand suppliers, so I am looking forward to seeing it in person.

Does anyone have more pictures?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd love to see a picture of the dial with less glare so I can get a really good look at it. But I guess the sunburst dial just tends to reflect more. Also, in the pictures I see no date complication but in the description of the movement, it seems to say "date."

From Stowa's website re. this watch:

Specific features:
handmade rotor with original B-Uhr engraving, dial with Baumuster A design
, date, temperature-blued steel hands, hands and numerals on dial with Superluminova C3.Limited Edition 100 watches.

At any rate it's a very interesting watch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really want a Stowa one of these days. Had a partitio on order but eventually tired of waiting LOL... Since I have picked up an IWC, but he stowa itch continues

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone have both a normal black no-logo and the grey LE? I'd be curious to see them side by side, if it's not too much trouble.

·
Registered
Milgauss, O&O Sanford, Halios Seaforth & Fairwind, Seiko SRP777 + 6117 + 6139, Sinn U2, Squale 1521
217 Posts
I love this watch. You can't beat it for the price. I have a hard time finding the value in an IWC when Stowa exists.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Awesome to see it in the metal! What size wrist do you have? I have the Marine 36 and it fits quite well, but have also tried on a friend's no-logo, no-date 40 mm flieger and thought it was still a good fit for a more casual watch.

Just received my Flieger LE, and the sunburst dial with those heat blued hands are pretty amazing! They didn't have the grey rivet strap in stock, so for now it's on a plain black strap until they mail the grey one. The 36mm is perfect for my small wrist.

View attachment 14483849
View attachment 14483845
View attachment 14483847

1 - 20 of 33 Posts