WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
First post and already contributing! Thanks for that.

It's an interesting comparison between the size of the hands on the two different size watches as well as the colors. I am really drawn to the LE... may have to even sell an old logo Antea and/or old logo Partitio to pick one up!

Cheers,
evanr

Evanr, it's not the best picture, but here you go. I just picked up my 36 mm LE today and I love it! Great customer service by Martin and Sarah!

View attachment 14501739

·
Registered
538 Posts
Awesome to see it in the metal! What size wrist do you have? I have the Marine 36 and it fits quite well, but have also tried on a friend's no-logo, no-date 40 mm flieger and thought it was still a good fit for a more casual watch.
I have a 6.25" (16cm) wrist, and even though I wear watches up to 41mm, I think 36mm is a great size. The 40mm is probably fine, but I like the smaller size because the flieger is all dial and it looks bigger than it really is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It does look stunning. I'm probably gonna order one before the end of the week. However I wonder how all those 200 aren't sold already? Is the pricing too high or people are less interested in Flieger watches?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good thing someone grabbed the 90/100 of the 40mm one, protected my wallet :)

If they had a hand-wind option tho, no one could've stood in the way

I wonder how noisy these autos are

I also believe they messed up a bit with the strap options, seems like the best part of the watch, yet the shades of gray are unclear, there seems to be 2 rivet colors too - I hope they end up separately selling those straps, I do fancy the main promo one a lot :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am enjoying the „Pforzheim“ book. The English translation is a bit off, but my German reading comprehension is decent enough to read it in German. It is nice to learn about Pforzheim's watchmaking history and that Glashütte is not the only German town with watchmaking history.

The Stowa flieger is really nice as well! Very comfortable and good looking.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finally decided to get a Stowa but Alimamy's outdoor picture ruined my day, I didn't want a sunburst dial or an automatic watch, but passing up the grey edition will sting, and I suspect I'll most definitely regret it :D

Looks great - and thanks for sharing, it's also very interesting how the strap shades under different lighting

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
It's gorgeous. I find myself wishing it had nickel plated hands instead of blue, but it is still fantastic as is.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts