WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watchtime.net has reported today that Stowa will be adding some new customization tools to their website. Other companies in Tempus Arte already feature full online customization tools, so it’s great to see that coming to Stowa. The online tool can be expected end of October, according to the newsletter.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Any idea as to what that entails? Is it mix-and-match dials, hands and cases? Or more along the lines of customized movement parts like blued screws and engravings?

Or is there something more?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This actually is going to get really interesting. My guess is that the Flieger would be the first on the customization tool, likely would look something like this:

Dial choices: Black (logo, date), White (date), Ikarus (date), Blue (no date), Verus (no date), Verus (date), Green (no date), B-Dial (no date), Black (no logo, date), Black (sterile), etc
Case size: 40mm, 43mm
Case finishing: SS-brushed, SS-polished, SS-blasted, Bronze Vintage, Black PVD
Movement: Automatic, Handwound

Which causes a dilemma for Stowa, what about the past Limited Editions? For example, the Verus Black PVD Flieger LE, or the Green PVD Flieger from last winter, will they disable you from choosing these combinations to not upset past customers, or choose to risk upsetting those past buyers in exchange for the flexibility of all possible combinations for future buyers…

Opinions from you guys? What will Stowa do?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I wonder if they will offer the ability to mix and match hands, dials, case finishes etc. They already kinda offer that if you email them nicely.

A lot of their parts are interchangeable between models. So I assume they will offer that interchangeability from the factory now. But they will likely limit some of the more special features that will cannibalize other higher end models.

Reactions: Frequent_Flieger

·
Registered
17 Posts
This actually is going to get really interesting. My guess is that the Flieger would be the first on the customization tool, likely would look something like this:

Dial choices: Black (logo, date), White (date), Ikarus (date), Blue (no date), Verus (no date), Verus (date), Green (no date), B-Dial (no date), Black (no logo, date), Black (sterile), etc
Case size: 40mm, 43mm
Case finishing: SS-brushed, SS-polished, SS-blasted, Bronze Vintage, Black PVD
Movement: Automatic, Handwound

Which causes a dilemma for Stowa, what about the past Limited Editions? For example, the Verus Black PVD Flieger LE, or the Green PVD Flieger from last winter, will they disable you from choosing these combinations to not upset past customers, or choose to risk upsetting those past buyers in exchange for the flexibility of all possible combinations for future buyers…

Opinions from you guys? What will Stowa do?
I hope they don't forget the 36 mm for customization

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,607 Posts
Watchtime.net has reported today that Stowa will be adding some new customization tools to their website. Other companies in Tempus Arte already feature full online customization tools, so it's great to see that coming to Stowa. The online tool can be expected end of October, according to the newsletter.
Link please ? TIA.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,607 Posts
Thanks. I have to admit that I am not expecting much from the new „integrated" department. Future will tell if Stowa will be really able to respond to customer requests even more individually. As far as I understand, this is difficult to achieve without more staff and a higher expenditure of time. I hope this doesn't affect prices.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was on the Stowa website today and Schauer watches no longer seem to be available to buy. I hope they haven't gone for ever.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,607 Posts
I was on the Stowa website today and Schauer watches no longer seem to be available to buy. I hope they haven't gone for ever.
Well, there's always hope. I might be completely wrong but I think only Stowa (as a brand) was sold, not the brand Jörg Schauer/Schauer. If my understanding is right there's a chance to see Schauer watches coming back in the future.

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,788 Posts
Wonder if this customization will be the new Black Forest trend? Dekla, Stowa, is Laco next? Then Hanhart?

But I have my doubts about Stowa like Mike. I am already looking back at it fondly. Looking forward to building a bigger Schauer collection in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any chance this will apply to the logo? I've wanted a Stowa MO for years but will only buy it with the classic logo

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Well this just confirms my feelings of a Stowa flieger just being a dress watch that happens to have a flieger dial. The ability to share cases and such among other models in their line up like a Marine watch is a big negative for me. This customization offering just emphasizes that.

I don't think the logistics will work out well. Dekla already kinda bowed out by turning everything over to an AD that has no ability to offer customization. Didn't take them long to run from the model, and I doubt it'll take Stowa all that long either. Depending on the breadth of the customizations offered of course.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts