WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
So it seems this would make it a 200M WR watch without a screw down crown? Regardless, it cries out for a matching bracelet I reckon.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking forward to the release of the Arabic version.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've never been interested in the "Sport" versions before, however this does make sense for the Marine range because you could actually take it out onto the water.

Even though Nautical themed watches with WR of 50m (e.g. the Stowa Marine range to date) and 60m (such as my own IWC Portugieser) should be absolutely fine, I would feel much more comfortable with the 200m WR of this new Marine Sport. This would be even better with the Unitas movement of the MO range.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Love the size, can't quite get my head around everything that's going on with it though. Looks like a dress watch face and crown ran smack into a sport watch case. I agree with whoever said the arabic will be the one to wait for.

Wonder if they got tired of waiting for people to order a marine chrono in 43mm and decided to use them somewhere else...

Annotation 2020-05-26 144151.jpg Annotation 2020-05-26 144146.jpg

·
Registered
706 Posts
the sport case loses some of the elegance of their non-sport counterparts but it's great that there are more options to choose from.

it would be exciting for me to see smaller versions of these sport models

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can wear that 43mm case comfortably as the size is no deterrent...but I don't like the combination of the case with the Roman dial :(

Something about it just isn't right. The case works better with Flieger dials, and it certainly works very, very well with the T02 model IMO.

On a positive note, the handset on this marine version is spectacular, as I would expect from Stowa.

I also agree this case will work better with an Arabic dial; that would be an interesting watch.

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, in my humble opinion this model looks kind of „unbalanced“, flavorless. The sporty case and the rather elegant dial with its Roman numerals do not harmonize very well. It doesn't look very thoughtful to me. It might be visually more appealing with Arabic numerals, don‘t know. Anyway, I would have applauded to a somehow more „fresh“ looking dial design utilizing the 43mm Sport/TO2 Case. A white dial with black „3,6,9, 12“ numerals, or maybe a black dial with orange numerals. An enlarged Antea b2b blue dial might have done the trick as well. The Marine dial as it is in the 43mm case looks somehow dull to me. My two centavos, of course.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts