WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks!

Was looking into the Sinn 556i...now I’ve got to make a choice...thoughts anyone?

Particular concern with the Stowa - is the case/lugs bulky? I have the Antea 35.5mm, and the Partitio looks bloated in comparison. Anyone have experience here?
Those are three extremely different watches you are owning/considering. The Sinn 556i would make a more distinct companion to your Antea 35.5 than the Partitio, but I do not know what specifically you are looking for in another watch so, I won't say, "Buy 'x' over 'y'...".

Regarding sizing, that is obviously very subjective, and dimensions clearly do not tell the entire story. That said the Partitio not only is larger (much taller) than your Antea, it is also more rounded than the more angular, elegant Antea, so, yes, it will look more "bloated", to use your term, in my opinion.

Other, less helpful people would just say "Go look it up..." or "Use the search function...", etc., but thankfully (for myself) I'm not one of those. One might as well take an extra few seconds to actually be helpful, when answering people's questions, or else just not reply at all:

Stowa Antea 35,5:
Diameter: 35,50mm
Height: 6,90mm
Lug width: 18,00mm
Lug-to-Lug length: 44,60mm

Stowa Partitio:
Diameter: 37,00mm
Height: 10,80mm
Lug-to-Lug length: 46,90mm

Sinn 556i:
Diameter: 38,50mm
Height: 11,00mm
Lug width: 20,00mm
Lug-to-Lug length: 45,70mm

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Thanks!

Was looking into the Sinn 556i...now I’ve got to make a choice...thoughts anyone?

Particular concern with the Stowa - is the case/lugs bulky? I have the Antea 35.5mm, and the Partitio looks bloated in comparison. Anyone have experience here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bloated? Not unless you're comparing to doll furniture. The Partitio straddles the line between modern and classic sizing.

Instagram: open_escapement

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Those are three extremely different watches you are owning/considering. The Sinn 556i would make a more distinct companion to your Antea 35.5 than the Partitio, but I do not know what specifically you are looking for in another watch so, I won't say, "Buy 'x' over 'y'...".

Regarding sizing, that is obviously very subjective, and dimensions clearly do not tell the entire story. That said the Partitio not only is larger (much taller) than your Antea, it is also more rounded than the more angular, elegant Antea, so, yes, it will look more "bloated", to use your term, in my opinion.

Other, less helpful people would just say "Go look it up..." or "Use the search function...", etc., but thankfully (for myself) I'm not one of those. One might as well take an extra few seconds to actually be helpful, when answering people's questions, or else just not reply at all:

Stowa Antea 35,5:
Diameter: 35,50mm
Height: 6,90mm
Lug-to-Lug length: 44,60mm

Stowa Partitio:
Diameter: 37,00mm
Height: 10,80mm
Lug-to-Lug length: 46,90mm

Sinn 556i:
Diameter: 38,50mm
Height: 11,00mm
Lug width: 20,00mm
Lug-to-Lug length: 45,70mm
Thanks for your reply, and for being such a gentleman about it!

I’m doing the research, just wanted some input from anyone who has actually handled the watch.

With the Partitio, maybe it’s the thickness and full polish, but it just seems less refined than Stowa’s other cases (Antea, Marine). I’d assume it’s not Timex territory, but just don’t want to be disappointed.

Again, thanks for your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just wanted to add that I have handled many watches in the range 300$ to 4500$ including Seiko JDM, Grand Seiko (own one), Longines, Rolex etc. I am not an expert, however, definitely can differentiate a well made quality watch from a regular one.

Stowa Partitio oozes quality, especially the Grey Limited that I own. It is just an amazing watch for what you pay. Pictures don't do justice and handling it in person is just so satisfying. I definitely believe one wouldn't be disappointed with it and hope the same with you.

Personally I prefer cases above 38mm and find 40mm to be the sweet spot, however, I found Partitio to be a perfect one even though it is at 37mm, due to its design.

This is my first Stowa so unable to compare with others, however, definitely a quality time piece. :)

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks for your reply, and for being such a gentleman about it!

I’m doing the research, just wanted some input from anyone who has actually handled the watch.

With the Partitio, maybe it’s the thickness and full polish, but it just seems less refined than Stowa’s other cases (Antea, Marine). I’d assume it’s not Timex territory, but just don’t want to be disappointed.

Again, thanks for your time!
Again, "less refined" is also very subjective. I think of all Stowa work as all equally refined, so I trust it all, but the designs themselves are of course different and in the case of the Partitio it might be the least "fits into one clearly defined niche or category" (Flieger/Bauhaus/Marine/Diver/Etc) design of all the Stowa models, which I think is in fact exactly the appeal of the thing to so many.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just noticed this model has sold out. While it didn't sell quickly, I think the 100 people who bought this model will enjoy it very much. I was able to grab #26 myself. Wondering what LE Partitio will be next. I only know of the W&W Blue LE and the Vintage LE.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts