WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Stowa TO2 arrived today. I've liked the sparse dial since I first saw it. Somehow, it just works and looks really good in my opinion. I added a request for a black leather strap instead of the brown and that went smoothly. It wears really comfortably and while I knew it was 43mm, it's actually a bit thicker than I thought it would be which I don't mind at all.
Stowa_TO2.jpg

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Congrats on a great watch! I miss having the TO2 and FKS, but despite having 7.5" (flat) wrists, they were a bit too big for me. I prefer 39/40mm. It works well with the STOWA rubber, like on Mike's. I had the black, lime, and orange straps for it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep.

Most of the time I wear it when on outdoor activities.
I like your pictures! I can see this watch being a good outdoor wear. It's got a rugged feel to it.

Congrats on a great watch! I miss having the TO2 and FKS, but despite having 7.5" (flat) wrists, they were a bit too big for me. I prefer 39/40mm. It works well with the STOWA rubber, like on Mike's. I had the black, lime, and orange straps for it.
I can understand that as it definitely wears its size. The leather strap from Stowa is actually really nice so I'm going to stick with that for a while but I do have a nice bunch of 24mm straps that I bought for one of my Panerai's. I'm looking forward to having another watch to put those straps on.

·
Registered
30,620 Posts
Very nice. Love the clean minimal dial.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats and good luck with it. I have the FKS, but spent a lot of time deciding between this and the TO2.

How is the lume?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats and good luck with it. I have the FKS, but spent a lot of time deciding between this and the TO2.

How is the lume?
Thanks! is the FKS the 43mm Flieger classic? I have a 40mm Flieger Classic which I really like. The lume on the TO2 is good. It's as bright and lasts as long as the lume on the classic, but the classic has more lumed real estate on the dial so it appears much brighter overall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes - the 43mm klassic sport. I believe the case is identical to the TO2. I like it a lot.......very easy to read, great lume, keeps good time (avg +6 sec/day). My only quibble is the 12.8mm thickness - wish it could be a bit thinner. Got it with the screw-down crown, which I had some trouble with, but Stowa was great about addressing it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes - the 43mm klassic sport. I believe the case is identical to the TO2. I like it a lot.......very easy to read, great lume, keeps good time (avg +6 sec/day). My only quibble is the 12.8mm thickness - wish it could be a bit thinner. Got it with the screw-down crown, which I had some trouble with, but Stowa was great about addressing it.
I like your 43mm Klassic. The TO2 is a little on the thick side as well. I don't have a measurement but it's quite a bit thicker than the 40mm Flieger that I have. I do like it though and am glad I picked it up.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Am contemplating buying this model next. This seems to almost be a hybrid between the FKS and the TO1, both of which I already own. Looks like half of Damasko's offerings only nicer looking in my opinion. Every time I've taken off the bezel on my TO1 it kind of looks like a TO2 and I've always admired the look. Of course I don't need another watch but when has that stopped me before, lol. I'm also contemplating getting it with an orange seconds hand so if anyone has a picture of the TO2 with an orange second hand I would love to see it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts