WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share my new strap for my El Primero. After not connecting with the bracelet or oem leather strap, I wanted something that better complimented the color of the sub-dials.

So, I decided on a Molequin nubuck strap in Argent. The strap changes from light grey to sky blue depending on the light. The quality of the strap is excellent and it’s comfortable right out of the box. The Zenith deployment clasp fits too although it’s a bit tight in terms of hole spacing. Really happy with how this combo turned out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks fantastic!

Was there any specific reason the OEM bracelet wasn't up to your liking?
Thanks! The dark brown color didn't work for me, but strap is nice overall. Good quality leather, comfortable, and the underside is rubber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That looks awesome, love Molequin straps!

Quick question, how did you go about changing the strap? I have an el primero and the original OEM leather strap has such a tight fit that I haven't been able to remove it with a strap changing tool without feeling like im going to damage the lugs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wanted to share my new strap for my El Primero. After not connecting with the bracelet or oem leather strap, I wanted something that better complimented the color of the sub-dials.

So, I decided on a Molequin nubuck strap in Argent. The strap changes from light grey to sky blue depending on the light. The quality of the strap is excellent and it’s comfortable right out of the box. The Zenith deployment clasp fits too although it’s a bit tight in terms of hole spacing. Really happy with how this combo turned out!

Love this combo. Any pics on the wrist?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks awesome, love Molequin straps!

Quick question, how did you go about changing the strap? I have an el primero and the original OEM leather strap has such a tight fit that I haven't been able to remove it with a strap changing tool without feeling like im going to damage the lugs.
I used a spring bar tool and a lot of tape on the top and bottom of the lugs. The one tip that helped me the most was that the spring bar is what's causing marks most of the time and not the tool itself. You just need to be patient and make sure the fork has a good grip on the spring bar. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks! Here you go:

Beautiful!
I just picked up an EP 38mm with bracelet and been looking for a alt strap, i think this is it!!!
When you bought the strap, did you happen to go with their quick release spring bar by any chance? Wondering if I can just use the spring bar from the bracelet for this new strap

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful!
I just picked up an EP 38mm with bracelet and been looking for a alt strap, i think this is it!!!
When you bought the strap, did you happen to go with their quick release spring bar by any chance? Wondering if I can just use the spring bar from the bracelet for this new strap
Great! I wanted to use curved spring bars,
so I didn’t get the quick release option. Any 19mm spring bar should work though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great! I wanted to use curved spring bars,
so I didn’t get the quick release option. Any 19mm spring bar should work though.

how blue does it get on a different light condition? the wrist shot looks greyish and almost suede-like?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It’s definitely light blue, but it does show grey in lower light. It’s nubuck but its texture is comparable to suede.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It’s definitely light blue, but it does show grey in lower light. It’s nubuck but its texture is comparable to suede.

I ended up getting that and another one that matches the grey subdial. Happy with both! Cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts