WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a SS Nomos Ludwig, which I love ... but I'm thinking about getting a new strap for it. I've always been a little more partial to brown straps than black, so I'm looking for suggestions. I think I can get a shell cordovan Nomos strap in brown, but does anyone have any other options they can recommend ? Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Well imho the combination Nomos/Shell Cordovan is perfect. I´ve seen some (but only a few on brwon croc straps).

Excursus (from a former post):
Nomos is known for their exquisit Shell Cordovan straps.

Shell Cordovan leather is a horse hide, unlike most common leather products originating from cow hides. The Shell Cordovan leather is a very unique product. Shell Cordovan leather is tanned and finished by the old fashioned method of natural pure vergetable tanning, hand staining, hand glazing and finishing. According to „Horween Genuine Shell Cordovan“ this hand process takes approximately five month to be completed.
Shell Cordovan leather is known for its durability and comfort.

BTW: A „fairy tale“ says that the fine art of tanning was brought to New York´s leather district by German immigrants. „Cordovan“ is a corruption of „Cordoba“, a city in southern Spain, where the technique of tanning this leather originated.

I`d say that Nomos and Shell Cordovan is the right combination of two similar characters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agree with OP. Shell cordovan is great for shoes, but it really needs wear and tear and several polishings to start looking good.

Otherwise, it just looks like plastic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try Stowa. The straps look of similar quality and are much less expensive. They are also available with a deployant clasp. I believe they must be bought online.

Best regards,

Alex P

S

·
0 Posts
Try Stowa. The straps look of similar quality and are much less expensive. They are also available with a deployant clasp. I believe they must be bought online.

Best regards,

Alex P
You´ll get Shell Cordovan straps as well for less NOMOS is asking for their straps but most of them are a tad thicker than Nomos straps. So look out carefully ;-)

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
That's a really nice watch and looks great on that strap!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have my Ludwig on a brown Nomos Shell Cordovan and I am really enjoying it. Just for variety I may try a brown dress alligator for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts