WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people say that a NATO doesn’t go with more formal attire, but I think this is the exception to the rule (leather NATO). Got this strap in this week and decided to give it a go. I absolutely love the look and the comfort!

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like how it matches your shoes!

Just wondering, do you usually have it on the strap or the bracelet? Been considering whether the Mark XVIII with bracelet would work well with suit attire.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like how it matches your shoes!

Just wondering, do you usually have it on the strap or the bracelet? Been considering whether the Mark XVIII with bracelet would work well with suit attire.
I’ve only had the watch for 2 weeks now, and I’ve had it on a bracelet and that brown strap in suit attire. Both work very well. I absolutely love the bracelet on the Mark XVIII LPP. The polished links class it up just enough to wear with a suit.

I just picked up a nice black croc to wear to my brother’s wedding in October. Yes, I plan to wear my Mark XVIII LPP in a tux. Haven’t decided if I want to wear the bracelet or the black croc.

I still haven’t worn the black pilot strap yet even haha

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
It didn’t fit under my shirt cuff (these particular ones are rather tight), but it did fit under my jacket cuff.

Which means your jacket's sleeve is not in the right length :)

<--suit and watch nerd.

Anyways, I think there's exception to every rule as long as you are happy with the result. I often wear a 47mm Panerai with a third piece suit with bespoken shirt and jacket. The cuff is cut wider for the watch to clear the cuff link and I have a special size pocket for pen and money clip.

I am about the buy the Le Petite Prince MK 18 for the S.O. for our 13 years anniversary, I think she will rocks it on nato most of the time, which I think looks best on simple watch like the Mark series, explorer I and Submariner.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which means your jacket's sleeve is not in the right length :)

<--suit and watch nerd.

Anyways, I think there's exception to every rule as long as you are happy with the result. I often wear a 47mm Panerai with a third piece suit with bespoken shirt and jacket. The cuff is cut wider for the watch to clear the cuff link and I have a special size pocket for pen and money clip.

I am about the buy the Le Petite Prince MK 18 for the S.O. for our 13 years anniversary, I think she will rocks it on nato most of the time, which I think looks best on simple watch like the Mark series, explorer I and Submariner.
My suits and shirts are all custom tailored for me. The watch pushed the cuff/shirt up a bit since it wouldn’t allow it to wear full length. On my right wrist, the shirt cuff shoes past the suit sleeve just fine.

I am a suit and watch nerd as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts