WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of a new watch for my wedding, I have asked my Fiancee for a new strap for my current Tag Heuer Carrera. This should save us some money for other things (new house, honeymoon, wedding, etc). However, even the straps themselves are a bit costly. The watch is currently on a perforated strap with a deploylant buckle. Where is the best place to find a decent price on new Tag straps? I know I can find cheaper ones if I didn't get an official one.

I think i would get the most wear out of a formal black leather strap. If the price was right, I would also like to get a nice brown leather strap as well. This would pretty much give me three different watches without spending thousands. I love the plain white face, and have the tools at home to exchange the straps. All I need is a place that sells them for a little less than MSRP. I understand the quality of leather etc, but can't picture spending so much on just a strap.

As a side question, does anyone else regularly switch the straps on their watches? How does this affect the wear and tear of the watch case? I don't wear the watch but once or twice a month currently, so probably wouldn't be switching the straps but 10 or so times a year (although with more straps, I might be wearing the watch more often). I think this should prolong the life of each strap as well.

As always, thank you for your time in giving me advice.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Personally I do not usually buy the watch vendor's own straps. In general I find straps like Di-Modell to be superior. But it is somewhat a matter of taste.

As long as you are not gouging the lugs, switching straps should be harmless. You might want to get some extra spring bars as eventually one will shoot off into space and finding it can be difficult at best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts