WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this Invicta 8926ob in. It's the only invicta I've seen with good reviews and I can see why, build quality is great, the nh35a looks fantastic in the see-thru back. I love the look of it, it is very close to the sub look, two changes I immediately made was brushing the band so the silly invicta logo wasn't on the band, and taking that darn old-man cyclops off! Still waterproof after the lighter method! I somewhat tested it haha, passed 3 hrs in a bowl of water. Anyways (crappy bad resolution cellphone) PICS!:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376429875.790418.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376429890.377622.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376429904.575330.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376429926.693574.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376429938.571381.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376429952.308091.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nicely done. Def a future pick up for me :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Congratulations, I like that model a lot.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You started with a new one!

You've got stones, skills, $$, all three!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha to say I have cash is not true hahaha I wish I did, I got it for 76 shipped from amazon, as for stones, the making the glass black with my zippo scared me to death, but after it cleaned right off and passed my little water test I was happy, can't wait to get a leather NATO for this bad boy (metal bands aren't my thing) otherwise this is a fantastic watch, and I love the color of the dial/lume. And the nh35a is just gorgeous. This is definitely a fantastic watch and a very good sub homage in my oppinion

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Haha to say I have cash is not true hahaha I wish I did, I got it for 76 shipped from amazon, as for stones, the making the glass black with my zippo scared me to death, but after it cleaned right off and passed my little water test I was happy, can't wait to get a leather NATO for this bad boy (metal bands aren't my thing) otherwise this is a fantastic watch, and I love the color of the dial/lume. And the nh35a is just gorgeous. This is definitely a fantastic watch and a very good sub homage in my oppinion
If you're not going to use your metal band, feel free to throw a couple stamps on it and send it to me. Tulsa isn't too far from Atlanta. I could find many uses for a nicely sterilized band.

Great watch! Make sure and post a couple pics when you get your leather NATO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Haha if I didn't need the metal band to trade for leather I'd be glad to send it to you, but I made a trade last night via the strap exchange, as soon as the bands come in pics will be uploaded! I'm also gonna try and get a lume shot tonight. Can't wait for the leather strap, this thing already just says classy.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
It pains me to admit this, but I really want to get either this one:

Or the quartz equivalent, the 9309.

Then I would slap it on a black leather NATO and enjoy!! But I need another cheap watch like I need a hole in the head, so yeah...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Invicta may do so much wrong, but they match that with everything they did right on the 8926. If only they hadn't engraved the side of the case, there wouldn't be anything to complain about. Easy fix though. Also clip the wings on the second hand and its a nearly perfect Sub homage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is the invicta on the side an easy fix? I'd love to do it but its pretty deep, so I'm scared it'd throw the watch off to shave it down so much

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
How is the invicta on the side an easy fix? I'd love to do it but its pretty deep, so I'm scared it'd throw the watch off to shave it down so much
I used a metal file and several grits of sandpaper. Take your time. Tape off the bezel. Its only about a 30 minute process. Follow the shape of the case with the file first. Then use increasing grits of sandpaper to get the polished side back.

This was when I had it brushed before returning it to polished as it is now.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Good watch. Cons for my watch: the bezel is slightly loose and doesn't line up exactly on the 12 marker. Other than that great watch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts