WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up until recently my only real watch was a Nighthawk that I run with a sharkmesh & 5 ring ZULU's. Unfortunately it recently suffered a tragedy, while I await a new sapphire for it I picked up a SUN019.

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

I have a 7" wrist and the stock band makes a large watch look even larger on my wrist.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

I tried a few of my 22mm Zulu's on it to see how it looks.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

I like the orange but it's pretty bold for everyday wear. :-D

FullSizeRender 6.jpg

The ZULU also makes a tall watch even taller. Originally I was thinking sharkmesh but I can't even try my current one on it due to the fact I don't have any 24mm bars that will fit inside the mesh.

I may try a "2 piece NATO" look alike. Thoughts? Other good straps I should consider?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Maybe a rubber strap? Isofrane? Kevlar type 2 piece? The orange does looks good.

I have this that I bought for white/orange deep blue that I like.

Also recently bought a orange isofrane for my Sun023.

Just a couple ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe a rubber strap? Isofrane? Kevlar type 2 piece? The orange does looks good.

I have this that I bought for white/orange deep blue that I like.

Also recently bought a orange isofrane for my Sun023.

Just a couple ideas.

Yea I was googling orange stitched rubber straps earlier... wish I had one laying around to look at. Ehh straps are cheap.... just don't like having to wait for shipping.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yea I was googling orange stitched rubber straps earlier... wish I had one laying around to look at. Ehh straps are cheap.... just don't like having to wait for shipping.

Not bad....always have to wait for shipping buying online.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I may get a black ISOfrane... been looking at these as well as a inexpensive hold me over until then

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Yea I may get a black ISOfrane... been looking at these as well as a inexpensive hold me over until then

I also have 7in wrists abd love the watch, but it is huge. The rubber strap is the way to go. This one is benarus but I have a borealis 22mm and that's what i would recommend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
I found the Ted Su dive strap and buckle was the magic combo for me...

GMT Tuna3.jpg

GMT Tuna2.jpg

...sits low on the wrist and is unique enough and styled well enough to really fit with the design of the watch.

Reactions: nikbrown

·
Registered
670 Posts
Re: New SUN019 "Kinetic Tuna" - Picking a strap

Went with a Hadley Rome 24mm rubber strap when I had mine. Soft vanilla smelling rubber - seems to be made for HR by Bonetto Cinturini.

The thick tapered rubber suits the SUN019 perfectly IMO.

Can be had for under $20 CAD on amazon.ca right now - that's like .58 cents in real money. Not sure if they ship to the US though. Couple pics:

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found the Ted Su dive strap and buckle was the magic combo for me...

View attachment 9904098

...sits low on the wrist and is unique enough and styled well enough to really fit with the design of the watch.
Love that strap and buckle!!!! Unfortunately that's about what I paid for the watch . After a week wearing it on a Zulu I've decided it makes it a bit too top heavy.

I ordered black and orange borealis straps... I have high hopes for those!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New SUN019 "Kinetic Tuna" - Picking a strap

Ok, so I've always looked down on rubber straps because all my cheap digital watches from childhood came on them. I've considered NATO's the perfect strap... since I discovered them.... but I just got my black Borealis one and this strap makes this watch SO much more comfortable. You guys were right!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Re: New SUN019 "Kinetic Tuna" - Picking a strap

Looks great nikbrown. Did you use the original Seiko springbars? Or some other?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some days I just like to put my orange strap on and pretend I live near an ocean as opposed to landlocked Ohio

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
How can Ohio be landlocked.....It's southern border is on the Ohio River.....

Some days I just like to put my orange strap on and pretend I live near an ocean as opposed to landlocked Ohio

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How can Ohio be landlocked.....It's southern border is on the Ohio River.....
And it's northern boarder is a Great Lake! but I'm a California boy.... it never really counts to me unless it's salt water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts