WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

first, i dont speak english very good so forgive me.

Yesterday I bought new core all black :-!

and i have some questions:
1. how to make the altimeter to usable? it show me wrong height.
2. there is way to target the thermometer to more accurate? it show me allways the same temperature.
3. how to make the barometer usable? it show me to the wrong information.

thank you

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
You really need to read the manual. It will cover most of your questions. We also have a FAQ page that will discuss some issues that may be of interest to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
listen, my language is not english so its really hard to me to read it and i dont understand half of the words. can you answer me in short?

what is FAQ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am from israel. and the local english dosnt like the american english. its more like England english. so i cant understand the manuel.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Orix, FAQ is facts and questions. You will find a lot of your answers there. My advice to you is to try and "play" with your watch to get used to it and you'll discover the features as you go along. The manual is (I think) in a standardized english (both american and british) to cover all the customers worldwide.
As for your questions:
1- altimeter: try and get to a known height reference point (mountain top, sea level area). check with a local map or on the web to get an official fix. Once there, adjust the watch to the height where you are.
2- Thermometer: I adjusted mine in a walk-in fridge at work ( I am a chef). I took off the watch, laid it on a shelf and waited 20 minutes to get a good reading and then adjusted it to the fridge's thermometer.
3- as for the barometer, i can't really help you there as mine was always working good, I did not have to adjust it. Sorry
Try those tricks, they might work for you, bus as I said -ans as Jeff mentionned, read the manual, look for the thread about FAQs and have fun.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hboutin, you really helpd me.

i played with the watch and i discoverd many facts about him. i will try to understand the barometer uses better.
there is anecessity to target it to the barometric pressure in the local place and then it will works ok?

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
hboutin, you really helpd me.

i played with the watch and i discoverd many facts about him. i will try to understand the barometer uses better.
there is anecessity to target it to the barometric pressure in the local place and then it will works ok?
Just set the reference altitude to your present altitude.

Put the watch in AUTO mode, not ALTI or BARO.

Don't worry about anything else.

Should be fine until you become more familiar with your watch.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts